Chapter 14: Escape

It was like any other day.

I go to school, I see my friends, I study hard, eat lunch and study again.

But today, something happened differently.

A rude awakening.

I thought something like this would never happen again.

I was eating lunch with my friends when suddenly my homeroom teacher came into the class screaming at us to hide under our desks.

RUMBLEEEEEE

The walls of our school suddenly crumbled as me and my classmates hurriedly went under our desks for cover.

The teacher used her quirk that can manipulate air was able to blow away huge debris from crashing down on us.

It was hard to tell what was happening from the loud sounds coming out from the outside but the commotion seemed dire.

We all looked up to see what was going on.

The teacher told us to stay down so all we could do was stay under our desks.

Then I heard it.

Papa's voice.

I turned my head around faster than anyone else and saw my papa at the window in his hero suit.

"Everyone!! I need you all to stay underneath your desks! Please don't move until a hero comes up and evacuates you! It's okay!! I'm here!!!"

And with that, he quickly looked around the room.

I felt like he saw me but quickly faced the wall. Why did he do that?

With a quick nod, he mouthed

"be safe"

and turned around and leaped off.

It was strange when I thought about it but before I could further think of it...

"That was Deku!!"

"Wow! Deku's here!"

"We should be safe now!"

"What's going to happen to us?"

My classmates, of course, began to cheer and were relieved to see Deku. Who wouldn't be?

The sounds of students yelling and panicking can be heard, probably as heroes began to evacuate other classes from the outside.

A running sound nearby can be heard and out popped out another hero I knew.

"Is everyone here okay?"

Uravity!

"You're all doing so well here! Good Job!! I'm Uravity! I'll be helping you evacuate from the school so you'll be safe okay?"

My classmates began to ask questions.

"Uravity! What's happening?!"

"Are we going to die?!"

Uravity shook her head and quickly signals us to start to get up from our positions.

"Don't panic. Just know that I as well as the other heroes will make sure that you're safe.

Now, I need you all to follow me, and please don't wander from the group. That way, no one would be left behind. Understand?"

My classmates and I nod to her.

We follow her out of our classroom, the booming sounds start to get louder and louder.

"It's okay everyone!! Just follow me! We're almost there!"