Yoongi

A voice pulled them from their trance with one another. Mar didn't seem scared of him now which was a relief for Yoongi. As he assumed before, she seemed professional and serious about her job. Mar also possessed talents even Large Jam didn't know about, like slicing people when startled and then putting those people back together. He looked down at his arm; his pulse raced beneath the bandage.
      Yoongi looked up from his arm to see Jungkook standing in the doorway.
      He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Really, Jungkook?"
      Jungkook glanced at him and then caught a glimpse of his bandage on his arm. "I just wanted a snack. What happened to you?"
      He tried to conceal his wound but Jungkook already pieced together what had happened and knew too much. Mar didn't turn around; he could see she was looking down and away, like a puppy who was in trouble.
      "I caught myself on the side of this metal table," he lied. Mar kept her head down. "Come feel how sharp it is."
      Jungkook looked equal parts curious and not at all convinced. He glided over to where Yoongi stood, inspecting where he pointed.
      "See what I mean?" Yoongi ran his fingers over the corner of the stainless steel table and invited Jungkook to do the same.
      Jungkook followed suit and winced. "Ow, that would be painful." He studied the corner and then studied his bandage, trying to make sense of what had happened before he stepped into the room.
      Mar glanced up; Yoongi wanted to desperately tell the truth. He desperately wanted to console and reassure Mar. She looked devastated and on edge. Even though they were standing around the same table, she felt one thousand kilometers away. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw her make some small movements. She took a scrunchie from her wrist and tied her long blonde hair back, resting on the nape of the neck. Her bottom lip disappeared periodically because she was nervously chewing on it. She nibbled so hard she drew some blood. Mar blinked once, shocked by the blood; but, she resumed preparing the food.
      Mar was taller for a woman. Her height increased even more when she wore boots. She went from 175 centimeters tall to 180 centimeters. While that does not seem like a lot, Yoongi was not used to being the shorter one when interacting with a woman. Her body curved in all of the right places, too. He followed the curvature of her body, each delightful centimeter, all the way to her round, plump cheeks. This time, she willingly and eagerly met his eyes. Yoongi flashed a small, reassuring smile her way.
      Jungkook, again, pulled him from his trance. "Hey, dummy, we have to get ready," he said, seemingly annoyed, as if he had to say it a second time. Yoongi was not paying attention at all so for all he knew, Jungkook could have said one hundred times to him, he would have been none the wiser.
      "Yeah, let's go," Yoongi said quietly.
      Jungkook grabbed a couple of sliced carrots from the plate Mar had just finished. Jungkook gave her a wink before they left.
      A few moments of silence passed before Jungkook spoke up. "You didn't hit the table did you?"
      Yoongi just shook his head.
      "What happened?"
      Well, I was stabbed by the new girl and I don't want her to lose her job so I don't want to tell you!
      Jungkook stepped out in front of Yoongi. "What happened?"
      Yoongi let out a heavy sigh; Jungkook widened his eyes and nodded his head as if to tell him to hurry up and continue. "I came over to try and make things right with Mar. Let her know I am not a scary person..." he paused.
      Jungkook chuckled as he realized what had happened. "But you DID scare her?"
      He nodded.
      "Wow, you are unbelievable," Jungkook snickered. "You should probably get that checked out."
      "Well, here is the wild thing, I think she said someone in her family were doctors... Maybe her parents? Anyways, she had a whole kit to handle this sort of situation. She bandaged me up. I don't think I need to see anyone. But, for simplicity sake, can we just say I hit the sharp edge of the table?" Yoongi pleaded.
     Jungkook gave him a single look up and down. "Yeah, of course."