Authors' Note

Hello, lovelies! Mags (chaotic_naturx) and Kaida (sassy-weirdo) are at it again with this collaboration project for ONC (Open Novella Contest), hosted by OpenNovellaContest! We are super excited to write this and have some fun ideas for y'all to enjoy as well!

This novella is based on the 84th ONC prompt:

"Word has it that antique mirrors are the doors to another realm. When curiosity compels you to take a closer look at the giant mirror in the attic, you find yourself being dragged inside it. Leaving you trapped in an alternate universe."

Now, this prompt is under the science fiction category in the 2022 ONC book, but the main genre of this book is fantasy.

Though this novella doesn't follow exactly what the prompt says, it still fits, and I hope we spun the prompt in a way that's to your liking!

Kaida is writing all of Elise's chapters and Mags is writing all of El's chapters.

At the end there is a glossary so, if there is a term that you are unfamiliar with, then you can refer to this chapter.

This story is written in British English, though one of us (cough Mags cough) is American, so if you find any American English in there, please do tell us about it so we can actually change it, lmao. Apart from that, constructive criticism and other corrections are always welcome!

All the thanks to morsmortalis for creating this absolutely striking cover for us! We couldn't have done it without ya!

Thank you for choosing to read our book! Hope you like it!

Now, on to the story about two girls, two worlds and an icy curse.