Chapter 4: The King of The Night

Naruto's POV

It's only been a day since I've been in the village. I haven't made progress in rebuilding it yet but I hope I'm able to soon. "You should be able to build on it soon," Kiyoshi, the Nikage, said. "When is soon?" I asked raising an eyebrow. "I cannot answer that," he replied, I just let out a sigh. Until I'm able to, I might as well do my basic training. 100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats and a 10 kilometres run.

It's been my basic training regime, I look up at the night sky. Does it ever turn day here? "No," Kiyoshi replied. I let out a hum and begin training, after I'm done with my training, I have to do chakra control. "I forgot to ask, Kiyoshi do you have chakra like Kurama?" I asked while doing sit-ups. "To some degree yes," he replied. "To some degree? What did some guy still your chakra?" I asked. "Exactly that," he replied. "Who stole your chakra?" I asked with a grunt. "Orochimaru, " he replied.

I search my mind to see who that is, then it clicked, "You mean one of the legendary sannin?!" I asked raising my voice a bit. "Yes," he replied. I let out a hum while rubbing my chin, "I managed to transfer most of my chakra into the Nikage hat. I forbid anyone from touching it besides you," he replied. I let out a hum but there was one questioned that always lingered in my mind. Why me? Out of all the people in the world why me?

I'm not special, I'm a kid with a demon fox in him and suddenly the Nikage is seeking me out. I find it very confusing and I want to ask but I'm sort of afraid of the answer. Remember what Kurama taught you Naruto, "Fear is weakness, when there is weakness there is no strength, when there is no strength you are powerless." I choke down my fear, "Hey Nikage, why choose me?" I asked with an eyebrow raised. "What better option than you?" He asked. "That doesn't answer my question," I replied.

"Like I said before, fate has brought us together. Naruto Uzumaki," he said. I let out a hum, "Nikage if you like me just say so," I scoffed causing him to chuckle. I continued with my routine as normal and by the time I finished, I couldn't even tell what time of day it was. It is always night here, maybe I should walk around the village and pinpoint everything. I get up from under the tree from where I sat and walked around. I know where the Nikage office is, it's in the centre of the village. Maybe I should draw a plan for it later.

I found several houses, two schools and a training grounds on the left side of the village. While on the right looked to have food stores, party grounds, playgrounds and many more. So one side was for housing, school and training while the other was for entertainment and the centre was the Kage's office. I feel like I'm missing something though, I let out a hum as my eyes scared the village. Where is the secret corps training grounds, where is all the undercover official government things?

I saw nothing above so we might as well go below. I close my eyes and take a deep breathe in, as I was doing that my body was submerging under the ground. I had to go 10 metres below surface level before I reached a different area. It was completely dark, I couldn't see anything, I squint once more before activating a jutsu, "Light Style: Kekkei Genkai!" I yelled out loud making the hand signs before putting out my palm. A light was created into the palm of my hand, I then sent the light up so it can cover every part of the area.

I don't know how big it is or what lurks in here but I'm making sure to prepare myself. I pulled out a kunai from my side bag and walked cautiously throughout the cave. I walked through the cave going through doors, hallways and pathways even secret pathways that are very hard to find but I managed to do it thanks to my eyes. I can hear something moving around but I can't pinpoint from where. It's been following me for a while but I have no intention of aggregating it right now.

I don't sense any threat level from it so I'm just leaving it alone. I walk through another door and I find a classroom, so this is where the NiOPS study. Some of the desks were decaying, the white board looked to be on its death bed and the chairs were almost fully decomposed. "How long ago did you die?" I asked looking around the room a bit more, "Around 300 years ago, " Kiyoshi replied. "If that is true then most of these things should've decayed a long time again," I replied extending the word long.

"That is the truth," he replied. God this guy is so vague with his answers, it pisses me off sometimes. I take one more look around before exiting the classroom, the cave seemed to be like an anthill. There was so many hallways going in different directions, none of them had signs either so I couldn't even tell where I was going. I should probably pinpoint where I've been before so I don't get lost or I could use an echolocation jutsu...

Suddenly the person or thing following me appeared in front of me. It looked to be a person but it was a small child, I tilt my head, "You were the one following me around?" I asked and they nodded their head. "Can you talk?" I asked and the shook their head. So their mute? "Are you the guardian of this place?" I asked and they nodded their head. They were just a pure shadow, it had no gender or no features to pinpoint anything about it.

I noticed them kneel down and write something on the ground. I looked as they wrote and it seemed to be a language that I didn't know. "Nikage, I might need your help with this one," I said looking at the wording. 'ты мой хозяин?' It wrote, "I shall give you the knowledge of my language. It may hurt a bit," he replied. I then felt a sudden headache, I wince and grunt in pain for a few moments before the pain stopped.

I opened my eyes and looked at the text that they wrote, 'Are you my master?' I look over at them and smiled, "Yes," I replied, "Do you have a name?" I asked and they wrote down their name. "Kurayami," I said, reading what they wrote. I looked up at them and they nodded their head, "That's a cool name!" I smirked. I wonder what they do... "They serve as a guide for the NiOPS. They also deal with trespassers," Kiyoshi said. "Holy shit that's cool! Hey Kurayami, can you show me to the entrance of this place?" I asked and they nodded their head.

They then walked past me and I follow after, we took several twists and turns. Hallways, corridors and many rooms we had to pass through but we made it to a lever. Kurayami pointed to the lever, I walk over and pull on it. Once I did I heard stone, dust and dirt move before the entrance was revealed. I climb outside and see that I am in one of the offices of the Nikage building. "Ah, I see," I replied, I then looked back, "Thanks Kurayami!" I smiled and I saw them wave before pulling the lever again.

The passageway closed and I was left in the office. "Then I guess the first place we are starting with is the Nikage building!" I beamed cracking my knuckles. It's time to get to work!