9.

Taehyung P.o.v:

When she steps through the door, I'm still wide-eyed.

She... kissed me...

I had a feeling from the look on her face just before the kiss happened that she was going to do something that would throw me off course, and I have to admit, willy-nilly... she did it...

I never thought in the short time I've known her that she would do that...

I feel a dirty grin spread across my face. "I get it, Kim Jisoo. If you change the rules of the game, so will I..." And with that, I leave the toilet area and look for Jisoo.

And when I walk back the same way I just walked, I see her from afar.

She is standing on the big, long, red carpet that was rolled out for this celebration. Behind Jisoo, on the wall in front of which she is posting, you can see the logos and names of the numerous sponsors who made this evening possible and who also collect tons of advertising for it.

I stand aside so as not to be in the picture in front of the celebrities, however, close enough to Jisoo that I'll be with her immediately if something happens, if the men that one man Jisoo's father has problems with, his daughter could do something to.

That's why I'm supposed to protect this girl, I'm the best of the best on our team. In the team in which I work and Trainire can be described as security, which is actually what we are.

And my job isn't just protecting any buildings or objects like some friends on my team, I'm protecting the daughter of the boss who gives orders.

I keep his daughter away from his dirty business and protect her from any consequences she may suffer.

I'm torn out of my thoughts, the glaring flashbulbs in front of me, give me a headache and keep bringing back scraps of memory from that one night that I so badly want to forget...

I squint my eyes to get the images out of my head, shaking my head as if to help me shake the images away.

Which of course doesn't work.

I blink away rising tears and open my eyes again, I need to stay sane and take care of this goddamn girl smiling so confidently for the cameras like it's the most normal thing in the world to be blinded by bright light.

The unpleasant images of my memories of that night are pushed aside, images of the event of a few minutes fill my head...

...Jisoo confidently walking towards me, pulling me down to her, pressing her lips to mine and exiting the room with a triumphant smile.

A small grin creeps onto my face as I think of ways to get back at her.

The evening drags on, it's filled with people shaking Jisoo's hands, a buffet, champagne, and lots of fake laughter

and of course the flashbulbs shouldn't be missing!

I'm on the lookout for suspects who don't look like they belong here, but haven't found anything inconspicuous so far.

I call out a voice that's getting closer and closer, but I don't understand what this person was saying.

A figure rushes towards us, more specifically towards Jisoo.

I stand between Jisoo and the person approaching her, and before the person knows what's happening, I'm already holding onto their shoulders, turning their back to me and pressing their stomachs onto the floor.

The people around us emit horrified noises and some put their hands in front of their mouths in shock.

Only now do I look at the guy, he has long blond hair and a dress, where the train is longer than the rest of the dress.

The person I'm holding on the ground is looking at me over their shoulder.

I have to say, SHE doesn't look like a guy...

"Chaeyoung!"

I feel myself being pulled away from the girl I don't know, and at the same time I look into the face of a not happy-looking Jisoo

Finally it clicks in my brain, the girl I just pushed to the ground is one of Jisoo's friends.

Oops

"Everything okay?" She turns to the girl, who doesn't and looks at me a bit perplexed but surprisingly not angry, unlike jisoo

The rest of the evening, Jisoo tries to avoid me, but I have to stay close to her, which eventually makes her freak out: "Leave me alone! Go have fun at the rest of the party and leave me alone!" she whispers-screams at me. And then she walks briskly to her friends, the girl I've already met, Chaeyoung and another girl I don't know by name or look.

For the rest of the evening, I decide to give Jisoo some space, I'm still close to her to intervene if something happens, but not in her line of sight.

As I'm walking a little, I accidentally bump into a guy. I bow and apologize before attempting to continue but am stopped.

I look up, the guy in front of me I bumped into is about my age, maybe a little older, but I'm having a hard time telling that right now.

He smiles at me and I return it lightly and a bit confused as to what he wants from me.

"So you're the one who 'clashed' with my girlfriend?" He laughs, at first I don't understand what he means until it clicks and I know what he's talking about. I bow my head slightly in apology for the collision.

He shakes his head, which confuses me a bit, but he clarifies my thoughts: "No, good man! Rosé doesn't blame you, she's even laughing about it now, even though she was quite shocked at the moment. As well as probably everyone of the noticed it, as did I. And those who didn't notice it must have heard about it by now.." He laughs and I lick my lips a little nervously. I don't like attention and I have this uneasy feeling that I became a big topic of conversation tonight thanks to my great action!

How Great! (Sarcasm)

Just as I was about to answer something, you suddenly hear loud voices talking, screaming or rather arguing.

Without looking at this guy again, I rush off to find Jisoo.

Why did I have to talk to this guy too and take my eyes off her for a little while!