16.

A few weeks pass and Jisoo is pleased with himself.

She no longer cries, she hardly feels guilty anymore.

She is proud of herself and smiles in the mirror in the morning as she gets ready for the day.

She hasn't smiled for a long time recently and has noticeably caught up in the last few days.

There is a knock at the door.

Jennie.

Jisoo can't suppress another smile.

She and her friend have a lot planned for the day.

They haven't gotten to talk much lately. Jennie has mostly been busy comforting Jisoo and trying to make her feel better.

How Jisoo loves this girl.

She opens the door before it's kicked in, as aggressively as it's knocked on... no, banged on.

She opens the door and greets her friend with a smile.

Taehyung.

Not Jennie but Taehyung is standing in front of her door and has almost kicked it in.

Her smile disappears and she stares at him with wide eyes.

Is he really standing there or is she dreaming?

Maybe she hasn't even gotten up yet, maybe she's still dreaming.

Maybe it's something like him tearing open the door, throwing himself on top of her and kissing her with all his passion.

Not that she has ever dreamed that before.

None of this happens.

Of course.

"Taehyung...what... how are you?"

"You can save the small talk. I'm not her to have big conversations."

This dream Taehyung is different from the others. This one is rude.

He leans on the door with both hands on either side. He looks tired. His dark hair is tousled, dark circles under his eyes stand out clearly and he stands before her in a grey, oversized hoodie and slightly worn jeans. something she's never seen him in before.

This makes her realize that this is reality and not a dream.

She could never have imagined him like this.

He looks so knocked out and yet somehow... sexy...

"What's that?" He asks.

Jisoo, who only now realizes that she has been staring, notices the folded piece of paper in his hand. He waves it in front of her face.

"What's what?" She asks, genuinely confused.

He rolls his eyes and unfolds the note in one movement.

"What about this?"

"Why?" He asks.

In front of her is a copy of his bank account.

"I don't understand what you're talking about."

He can't hide how annoyed and exhausted he is. Not that he tries to hide it. He looks as if he can hardly believe that he has to have this conversation with her.

"Why are you transferring money to me?"

She just shrugs her shoulders. She doesn't plan much of an answer but his look says otherwise.

"I'm the reason you lost your job. I wanted to make it up to you and your family as best I could."

He says nothing, just stares at her. He doesn't seem like he's going to say anything soon, so she continues with her explanation.

"I don't see any reason why I shouldn't or can't."

"Of course you can do it. You and your family are practically wiping your asses with money. But that doesn't explain to me why you would think of sending me money."

She just shrugs her shoulders. Her expression cracks even more, if that's even possible.

He sighs and rubs his eyes. The whole situation is hurting him, you can see that.

Jisoo can only stare as his Adam's apple moves. She has the urge to touch it, to feel how it moves, but she keeps her hands to herself.

"I don't want your money." His words hit her with such force that she literally has to take a step back.

He is anything but happy.

"I don't want your money. I never asked for it. Where did you get that idea?"

"I wanted to help..." She repeats meekly.

He just laughs. Without any joy in it.

"I know that you and your family... don't have it easy. And I was the reason you lost your job, so I wanted to at least try to make it up to you... And..."

"And that's why you send me such a sum of money every week? You're not making it better. Absolutely not. Stay out of it. You don't owe me anything. I want absolutely nothing from you. Especially not your pity and money!"

He crumples up the still raised note with one single movement. Without letting go of her gaze.

Nobody says anything. Nobody breaks the silence. He just looks at her. Until he turns around and leaves.

"Taehyung wai-" But he was already gone.

New, hot tears form in her eyes. Before she can break down she takes her phone in her hand.

"Jennie... p... please... I need you.."

----------------------------

a/n: two chapters in two days! I'm almost proud of myself!

I'll be here and in my new ff ("We met again" - no advertising of my own, but you're welcome to stop by if you're interested :3)

And I'll try to write as much as possible with these two fics in the near future, while I still have ideas and motivation!

byeeeee :3