Episode 1 - The Battle Begins, Part 1

In the aftermath of the massive brawl in the park a few days ago, everyone involved in it was trying to get over what had just happened, especially the Loud and Sharp families and their friends. Everyone just couldn't get over the fact that the Number One Bakugan Player in the world had intervened to help Lincoln and Sam and had schooled their bullies with a lopsided brawl. He was a force to be reckoned with, and had left before any of them could say thank you to him for what he did. None of them knew what had caused to take the bullies all on by himself, and thrash them around like rag-dolls thanks to the superior power of his Darkus Bakugan. But deep down inside, all of them had a feeling that this wasn't the last they hear of the boys' monstrous savior.

As for Edward, he can only watch in a mixture of surprise and amazement as "The Doomkeeper" basically became the topic every Bakugan player was talking about. Thanks to quickly learning how to be a very skilled hacker, he was able to see every internet chat room site even if he didn't have an account for some of them. Every website he looked at, there were kids and teenagers talking about how he flawlessly thrashed those 20 opponents in the park. Those kids wondered in amazement about where Edward came from and how he had such a powerful Bakugan. He scoffed and growled a little.

Fools, if only these idiotic humans could realize that Bakugan isn't just a game.

Hades popped up on his shoulder. "You okay, Edward?" asked the Darkus Bakugan. Edward calmed down at the sound of Hades. "Yeah, I am. Just irritated a little at the idiocy of humans. I mean, from the way they sound, one of them probably has the infinity core and they are probably not aware of what power they have!"

"While the odds of that are high, we should also take into account that if Naga wishes to take the Infinity Core for himself, he won't be content sitting around in Vestoria, wishing like a fool that the Infinity Core will just magically return to Vestoria" Hades responded, shaking Edward out of his stupor. "Face it, Edward. The odds are that he already has agents in the human world that are doing the same thing we are doing. We have to be on our guard."

Edward nodded and carefully scrolled down the leaderboard. He passed Shun Kazami, currently ranked 2nd after Edward and Hades had thrashed his Storm Skyress, and scrolled on down until he encountered the first of some puzzling peculiarities. Climbing up the leaderboard was a man in a mask just like him, called Masquerade. He was only 20th when Edward checked the rankings that day, but something inside of him gave him a gut feeling that this Masquerade was one of Naga's agents and he would have to watch out for him. Then he came across the person that had come out of the portal which was unknown to Edward at the time, the Pyrus battler named Erik. There was something odd about him too, but he couldn't tell if Erik was one of Naga's agents or not. Then in the 50s, he spotted another Darkus battler that seemed to reek of negative energy from the Silent Core just from the computer screen alone. His name was Marduk, and like Erik, Edward couldn't tell if he was one of Naga's agents. Edward knew that all three of these guys were threats though, and figured that to accomplish his mission one way or another, he was going to have go through all three of them.

It wasn't long before he got a message from someone challenging him to a brawl. To his surprise, it was the same red haired kid he had trashed the day before, wanting him to duel him in a park in the nearby suburbs of Wardington. Edward just chuckled at the request as he sat by the computer screen in the lit room in the catacombs.

"Isn't this kid just a glutton for punishment. Guess I'm going to have to crush him again to get him to shut up, am I right Hades?"

"Indeed."

And with that, Edward put on the mask and cowboy hat, and left the room to head to the park.

————————————————————————