Chapter 4

Abby' s p.o.v.

  Izzy was the first person to reply to my challenge. "Ummm..... Sure! Clary and I will totally kick your asses!" She marched over to the wall and picked up a whip, a couple of throwing knives and a 'seraph blade'. Mutely, Clary followed her and picked up the same minus the whip. I chose a bow and quiver, and a couple of knives and Sasha chose a crossbow and double blades.

  "'Kay, now we've got weapons and chosen the teams, we need to pick a setting. There's a shopping complex, a mini city, and a forest. It's your choice, but personally I prefer the shopping complex." Clary and Isabelle exchanged a glance.

  "Forest." Clary instructed. I typed the choice into the control pad, and waited  for it to load. Meanwhile, Sasha asked me how it works.

"Well, obviously, it's not really there. It's like a hologram that you can hear, and feel, and... Touch. Basically, a 6D movie." I explained. My trainer had told me this when I was 9 years old. When the scenery finally loaded, I gripped my bow and marched in, with Clary, Isabelle, and Sasha following me. "Right. So, obviously, with only two people on each team, it's more about stealth than force. Sasha and I will go to the other base, you two wait here. When we get there, we will sound the alarm and that means we are ready to go," I said, walking through the camp we had reached. There wasn't much here, except for a few knives and an extra quiver that were real.

  Sasha and I carried on while I discussed strategy. "We will both run for about 30 seconds, and then climb trees. They won't be expecting that. Trust me. We act as snipers. You take... Who do you want? Clary or Izzy?" I asked.

  "Probably Izzy. I don't think it would be a good idea for me to go around shooting Clary at the moment." She grimaced.

  "What happened?" I questioned, intrigued by what could have made Clary angry at her when they barely seemed to know each other.

  "Did you know I was going out with this guy, Jace?" She asked. I shook my head. "Kay. Well, I was. And he was with Clary. They were quite serious, like I think it was their 2 year anniversary when we found out? She walked in on us. Or actually, I suppose, we walked in on her." She frowned at the memory.

  "We found out?"

She looked suprised  and a bit hurt. "Of course! I would never let a guy cheat on someone! If I'd known I would have broken it off then and there." She told me, horrified. Whoopsies... Tough subject, I guess.

  "Sorry," I mumbled. She looked at me, her expression softening.

  "It's okay." She said, and tripped right over a quiver of arrows. I guess we found the camp!