Chapter 2

A year and a half later...

Hiyah!

Gilbert swung his sword with vigor. It was strong enough to create a strong gust of wind and knock Gilgamesh off his tiny little feet. How could his father produce such a powerful strike, akin to the ascent and descent of a fighter jet?

"Papa!" he called. It's not that the little boy can't speak, it's that he's still alien to the language. However, over the past few years, he did indeed learn some letters and can now make out sentences albeit roughly. Dad snapped out of it when he saw Gilgamesh.

"Oh, be careful Lil G! Daddy is training!" he grabbed Gilgamesh and helped him stand up. When he went back to train, he noticed the jarring stares of his son.

"Are you curious of how Daddy is so strong? (He can't really train if you look at me like that!)" he asked as he would to a kid, and like a kid, the boy nodded.

"Then, let me tell you a little something about Invoking!" was what Gilbert said before reading a monologue in his head before his child.

Gilgamesh, being able to understand only some of the words, didn't know at the time.

In this world, things such as atoms and molecules are non-existent. Each and every matter is woven and made through the universal essence called Sigma. A sigma by itself is formless and non-physical, yet through clumping together it brings form and property. It is so diverse that the possibilities of what it can make are endless.

Plants, trees, a random rock, a distant town, even humans, are all Sigma constructs with properties of their own. The current Orthodox Church states that since Humans are made of Superior Sigma properties, they are able to manipulate the said property freely.

This process is called Invoking, calling upon the formless yet formed.

If Sigma is the bones, then Alpha is the flesh. Also known as the Universal energy, it is the energy responsible for all creation, in all creation. They are the reason why rocks are hard, why frogs can croak, why eagles can fly, why humans can talk.

What his father did was to manipulate the said energy and empower his own body, resulting in an earth-shattering swing.

"You see how your father is so excellent now?" the grown man bragged to the helplessly confused child, who tilted his head in response. He forgot that he's talking with a 2-year-old child. He spoke nothing of this day ever since.