Chapter 1

I see her, this mischievous little girl who was my sister, she dances among flowers and fireflies. She died by an orca 7 years ago. I grew up and learned that life would have us all, one day or another. Today, I am 17 years old and my name is Evan. A bird's sound wakes me up from my nap and I see my parrot flying over me.

I gently open my eyes and observe for a few seconds the nature available to me, the sunny forest. My bird with charcoal feathers lands on my belly and I raise my head towards it.

- Oh, hello Phoenix. How are you?

I pet his belly at the same time.

- Fiiine, I'm fiiine !

I think that's his favorite word! A light breeze takes me out of my thoughts, the leaves fly around me and the sun is already high in the sky. I have always felt a connection, a link with the nature, trees, the forest. This is my favorite place! My sister loved making bouquets of white and red lilies. Thinking back to her, a wave of nostalgia comes to me. I hear my mother call me for dinner, I get up a leap with my bird:

- The latest arrival is a soaked bird!

And we're racing. I and my family live in a pretty little house right in front of the forest. We live not far from the city and we are country people. After helping my mother with housework all afternoon, I go out into the forest and rest in the same place as this morning. I take a nap and wake up a few hours later with a noise not far from me. The moon is already raised, so I don't see much but whatever. I hear as if someone were running, I get up and listen carefully to the Great Forest. A silhouette appears and rushes me into it, apparently the person who just got into it didn't seem to have seen me.

- Ouch! Huh, shit!

She is a girl who seems to be about my age, she wears a tight suit to be able to move agilely and wears a hood. So I can't see her face. I realize that she is chased by three big wolves, I stand in front of her and try to appease the wolves. I don't know what's going on but suddenly I feel like an incredibly strong calm in me. I'm starting to fly the leaves and surround the wolves with them. They get scared and leave. I regain my spirits without really realizing what has just happened and turn around to greet the girl behind me, but she has already fled. I decide to go home while wondering who this girl was. I hope to see her again one day. She was so fast and agile, I would even say that she was not human but impossible for her to be an Elf or something else. Anyway, tomorrow I'll have to go get wood for the house, even if I have no desire to harm the trees, but I don't have much choice. I end up falling asleep in my bed while my mother is still working.

She is a tall woman and quite strong. While my father works at the Municipal Councils. I was born into a rather affluent family and I must admit that I was lucky. Especially when I see poor children. The only thing I don't like about my parents is the fact that they agree with the government to annihilate the poor of this city in order to "beautify it", but I don't agree! They deserve to live.

Without understanding why, I dream of this girl, the face she might have. Maybe I'm just curious? Or is it love at first sight?

We'll see later.