Chapter 2

I run while sinking into the forest, these wolves are really fast! I didn't think I would annoy them so much but hey, I quickly look behind me to see if the wolves catch up with me or not, but suddenly I take something, or rather, someone. He was a young boy, he must have been my age I think. He has brown hair but I don't see the color of his eyes because of the darkness. Anyway, he gets up and stands in front of me to...protect me? Wolves I suppose. He flies leaves and scares away wolves. I take advantage of his inattention to leave. I jump from tree to tree while thinking of it. He looked human but yet he controls the leaves, I am currently looking for lost elements and I think I have found one. Oh yes, my name is Kayla and I am a 16-year-old elf, soon 17. I train hard to be able to become strong and be able to fight against these damned humans. Even if the boy looks nice, I mean, he protected me when we don't even know each other.

I finally arrive at our camp and I will talk to the leader of the night Elves tribe.

- Hello chef!

- Kayla, here you are at last. I was waiting for you. You have a mission of the utmost importance to do.

- I'm listening to you.

My first great mission! I can't wait!

- A village was spotted west of Jayne's Kingdom. You have to find the forest guardian and kill him. Then bring me the papers concerning the elements. You will do all this tomorrow evening, without being grilled of course.

I'm the strongest and fastest in my tribe, it should be fine. The chef told me that his house is right in the city center. The night passes quickly and the dawn arrives. I get up and jump into a tree to observe the jungle in front of me. This vision does me good. I'm starting to hum and I feel the wind blow harder and stronger. It makes me want to sing louder than the wind! Finally, I decide to drop into the trees and catch up at the last moment. Doing this is really funny. After this short sports session, I train with my weapons. We have everything: bows, swords and even grapples. Practical, right? Evening is coming quickly, and my mission begins. I put on my hood and run discreetly towards the village.

I get on the rooftops and make sure that no one sees me. I've always been very discreet so it's not going to be complicated. Then I see a man wearing a cloak, while holding books with the signs of the elements. It's him! I follow it with my eyes while jumping from roof to roof. Once at home, he removes his cloak and I see what seems to me to be an old man covered with scars, surely due to his fights. I jump to his window between open upstairs and go home. He surely can't hear me since he goes down to his cellar. I'm also going down, always slowly. I take my weapon and behead the old man. With a single blade stroke. It was actually rather easy. I take the book, put it in my bag and go up the stairs. But there, in front of me, is the old man. I'm looking at him, surprise.

- But.. How you...it's impossible.

He takes a sword while I bring my weapon.

I also thought it couldn't be that simple. A long and unbridled fight is triggered between us. Scratches here and there, punches there. Blood from everywhere. I finally win this fight with a lot of injuries.

So I go back to my forest to find the tribe but when I go to the camp, it's no longer there. They wouldn't have moved without me, would they? I take a closer look at the book and realize that all this was just a trap! Mine had betrayed me and literally freed me. They always knew I was naive, and I just paid the consequences. I curl up on myself and cry a good shot. What will happen now?

We'll see later.