I'm ready to...

*Present times*

It’s been years but that day was like just yesterday. I still have hope that he’ll come back for me. Yes, maybe some people will think that I’m out of my mind for waiting for someone who doesn’t care if I exist or not. But in spite of all thisreasons, I still love him and as I promised, I’ll wait and hang on to his return. Even if he doesn’t love me anymore, the fact that I’ll see him and I can show to him that I still love him very much, will already make me happy.

“Drew!!! For the nth time, you are drifting on empty space. Are you with us, girl?”

I heard her calling my attention. Before I forget, we are now at a restaurant near our school. I am with my two friends. The first is Nica, a girl who looks so quiet but a true blooded walky-talky. She is the exact opposite of her name which is ‘Harmonica’. The girl who is currently talking is Ize. If Nica is the exact opposite of her name, Journalize is exactly the same with her name. Journalize is an accounting term which is being use to record all the transactions of a business on journals. On my friend’s case, her journal entries are about the latest gossip on the city and her hot guys list.

They are the only people who knew that I still hope. They always advice me of moving on and they’re willing to help me to look for another guy. But of course, at the end of every counseling session with them, they will end up supporting me and giving me strength to face another day. They are precious to me. They are also the people who taught me how to live while waiting for him.

“Don’t mind me. Just continue your conversation.”

“Drew, you can stop hanging on, you know. You’re just making yourself suffer.”Nica said.

Yes, you heard them right. They called me, “Drew”. It’s my second name which I seldom use on my past. The moment he left, I never let anyone call me with my first name. I want to preserve my memories of him and how he calls me with that particular nickname. Today is the exact day we parted. Maybe they are right, maybe I need to move forward and just treasure all of the things that happened in the past.

“Girls, I’m ready to…”