𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐬

⛓ 第一章 ⛓

𝑯𝑨𝑵𝑨𝒀𝑼𝑲𝑰 𝑴𝑨𝑹𝑼𝑲𝑰

" you broke into my house  "

3rd Person POV

Hanayuki Maruki was out with her mother, Himeko Maruki selling homemade kimonos at around eight o'clock.

Since Hanayuki had been suffering from a weird disease, she would only be able to go out at around nighttime. Hanayuki was a very pretty lady when she was young. They earned a living, mostly by charming people to buy their kimonos and other products, it was barely enough to survive.

Some people even try to get engaged with Hanayuki because of her beauty, however, she was too young at that time. After a long walk, they finally got home.

As soon as her mother opened the shoji door, they were greeted by a bloody mess. Himeko's husband, Katayuri, was laying on the floor motionless. Himeko rushed to check his heartbeat, seeing the blood splattered around him. The scene made Hanayuki puke in disgust. She turned to look at her brother, Nanami, who was covered in their father's blood.

"Naoki! Are you okay? What happened? Why is Otou-san...?" Hanayuki approached her younger brother, holding his shoulders gently. The boy growled as he bit into his sister's shoulder. She yelped out in pain, "Okaa-san! Okaa-san! Naoki turned into a demon!" Her mother froze in fear.

"Naoki! Stop! Stop! It's me, onee-chan!" She screamed desperately, trying to get her younger brother back to his senses. With all her strength, she managed to pin Nanami to the ground.

"...W-What should we do?" Himeko muttered to her daughter.

"Light Breathing, First Form, Blinding Curtain!" A male with black and green hair shouted, entering their house. "Eh? What are you doing? Protecting a demon? A man-eating demon?" The slayer looked at them questionably.

"He's not a man-eating demon!" Hanayuki yelled at the random slayer, the effects wearing off. "I'm sorry, but I must behead him."

The girl glared at him, the slayer, "Don't kill my Ototo!" The slayer stopped, "...What?"

"Wait. Who even are you?" The girl asked, "You broke into my house."

The demon slayer pointed his blade at the girl, "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't behead that monster."

"He's not the monster you say he is! He's my younger brother! I won't let you kill him!" She screamed at the stranger. "So what? He's a monster, a man-eating creature. You'll just let him go wild and kill whoever he likes, right? Just because he's your blood brother."

Hanayuki grit her teeth, "Why are you here?" Her brother struggled to get out of her reach, mouth watering with saliva. "I'm a demon slayer," he replied, "There have been rumours of a demon lurking around this village. Your people have been going missing or killed, no?"

"What do you mean?" She eyed the demon slayer, wincing as her brother bit her again. "You seem to be in pain, don't you think?" The blindfolded man asked. "Get away from my brother!"

"...Hmph. Since you insist so much, fine. But, let this serve as a warning. My name is Hitori Kamikage and I will come again to behead that monster."

In less than a second, the demon slayer disappeared from thin air. Her mother rushed to her side, "Come, sweetie, let's get your wound treated." She lifted Nanami and hit him in the neck, knocking him out.