𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐬!

⛓ Chapter 3 ⛓

𝑨𝑺𝑨𝑯𝑰 𝑺𝑬𝑰𝑮𝑨𝑰𝑯𝑨

"wow!! so mind-blowing!"

1st Person POV

"Hanayuki-san... Could you please make me a mask? Pretty please! You can make it out of anything!" he pleaded, "...What if they make fun me because of my face? Or my personality?"

Once he mentioned it, I never realised that he had a scar on his face before. It was like a burn mark of some sort, on the right of his forehead. I was curious but decided not to question it, seeing as he was not in the sort of mood to talk about it. He looked at me anxiously. I simply replied, "No, I'm not the type to criticise others. And yes, I'll help you make the mask."

"Thank you..." he muttered and told me his location before he went off home. Seeing as there was still a bit of sunlight, I rushed back home as quick as I could to lessen the effects of my disease.

"Okaa- san! I've returned!" I giggled, walking into the house. "Welcome back, Hanayuki!" my mother pulled me into a big hug, "Oh, I was so worried you might not return home!" she pouted playfully. "I'm okay, Okaa-san! Look, I became a demon slayer!" she pat my head gently, giving me a kiss on my cheek.

"I'm so proud of my daughter. She's growing up so fast!" she turned around and quivered with excitement, "Don't forget to send me some letters as you slay demons, Hanayuki!" tears of joy fell from her eyes . Naoki heard the commotion from outside, running out of the room and pinning me on the floor with a tight hug. He was... crying? Fake crying? Demons... do not cry right? I patted his back, trying to comfort him.

【 ~ 𝐢 𝐧 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 𝐦 𝐢 𝐬 𝐬 𝐢 𝐨 𝐧 ~ 】

I went to my room, making a mask with plastic and paint. I carved it out with a plastic kitsune mask, painting it with ice blue flowers around the cheeks similar to his breathing style with blue ribbons to keep it on his face I tried my best to paint the features of the mask carefully and as neatly as possible.

I had been working on the mask since evening. The sun was about to fall and I was almost finished with the mask.

I decided that I would go visit Haru's home to give him the mask, before his sword was given. I used Total Concentration breathing to get there faster so I might have more time to discuss possible things with him.

After some time, I arrived at the house. Wait, was it an estate? It seemed large. I followed the stone path, looking at the wisteria planted on the ground. When I reached the door, I knocked on it gently before walking off to find Haru.

"Haru? Haru, where are you?" I heard the sound of a door sliding open. Turning to it, I spotted Haru in a white nemaki, yawning with his hand over his mouth. He seemed like he was about to fall asleep, which he did not. Haru looked at me, questioning, "Huh? Hanayki-san? You're here... isn't it late?" I shook my head in response, causing him to feel confusion, "Why are you here? Shouldn't you be at home?"

I walked over to him without a word, putting the kitsune mask in his hands. "Eh?" He muttered, "...Oh yeah. Sorry, I forgot. Is that all?" 

"Haru-kun... Let's... chat for a while," I pulled him around the corner of the wall, sitting on the soft grass. "What did you want to talk about, Hanayuki-san?" he smiled innocently , "Do you want to train together in the future?" I asked him, not showing any specific emotion.

Haru nods his head vigorously, making a big smile as always, "Yes! Yes! Yes!" just in front of his mouth and he stopped chanting. 

"Do you think we will be able to... defeat the demons?" I muttered, gazing at the sky. His reply was delayed for a few seconds, "Maybe... not. But what if we could... and if we did, the people who died for this would surely be glad that their sacrifices were not in vain... right?" I simply nod my head in response, agreeing with his opinion.

We had both talked for a few minutes before I spoke up, "Stay safe, Haru-kun. Farewell for now." I patted him on the head and before turning around and starting to run towards my house's direction. I took a quick glance at Haru, waving goodbye to him. He walked back into the estate, hopefully going to sleep.

【 ~ 𝐢 𝐧 𝐭 𝐞 𝐫 𝐦 𝐢 𝐬 𝐬 𝐢 𝐨 𝐧 ~ 】

The next day, a dark-brown haired guy with a Hyottoko mask and a green Karakusa-styled haori arrived at our house with a sword sheaths in his hands. "Please, come in."

"I am Asahi Seigaiha. I have come to deliver the Nichirin Swords for Hanayuki Maruki." he walked inside and sat down, sipping some tea as he spoke, "The materials for a Nichirin Sword are obtained from the mountain closest to the sun. Scarlet Iron Sand and Scarlet Ore. These produce steel that can absorb sunlight." Asahi turned to me. "Eh? You look a bit... weird. Red eyes? Hmm... There's a meaning right... Actually, no, nevermind, I don't know. I forgot."

I felt a familiar feeling as he spoke. He was so similar to Haru.. "Ooh! I wonder what colour it will turn into!" he clapped his hands with excitement, quietly anticipating the results. I removed the swords from their sheath, observing them carefully as I pulled them out in a slow manner. Asahi's eyes sparkled, staring intently at the swords. As I watched the swords, the both swords slowly faded into a dark purple with yellow and orange crescent shapes decorated along the sharp side of the blade. "Wahh!! They changed colour! Wow! Amazing!! Ahhh!!! They're both so different! So mind-blowing!" he gawked at the swords.

"What does it mean though?" I stared blankly at the swordsmith, "Huh? Eh..." he was stuck in thought for a while before replying, "I don't know!" he simply laughed it off. "Bye Maruki-san! See you again Maruki-san! Bye Maruki-san!" he waved before leaving. "My, my. What a lively young man." she giggled to herself with a hand over her mouth.

weeeeeeeee sorry i had like 2 exams to study for (+2 small irrelevant tests) so i didnt exactly have the time to update often. hopefully the homework will lessen for a while so i can continue this book! :D

preparing some behind the scenes so we can look away from rengoku's

SPOILERS