13

I didn't follow him to the hospital, why would I? I want to be as far away from him as possible. He would probably be stuck there for a week or more. So that means I won't have to worry about him for quite sometime. He's been there a week for all I know. I figured he would come back for me when he got released.

After that night I called my work and asked if I still had a job, I did, just as I thought. So I started working the next day. Luckily I wasn't in the same hospital as Rafael. Going back to work felt like pushing in substances into your arm. Work was my substances and I am the addict.

The paranoia never left. All though I knew were he was, but that didn't stop him from sending his men on me. Every time I entered a room I was scared to see one of his men sitting there. Every time I stepped outside I was scared. I was always scared. Scared of getting the phone call that my family or Lexi died a horrible death. It was on my mind 24/7.

Weeks passed and everything finally felt a bit normal, if you don't think about Rafael, Jake or the paranoia. Besides that life was back to normal. I worked my ass off, I hung out with my family and friends and started working out. By now I thought Rafael would come after me, maybe that blood poisoning killed him. I hope so.

I always played sports as a kid but life got in the way and working out got left on the side. After that incident I felt the need to become stronger. So I learned to lift weights and work out in a gym, and now I do it everyday. Lexi was the one to help me with the techniques. She works out as often as she can, since she needs the strength to operate for hours. Lexi had tried dragging me to the gym several times before but always failed. I always came up with some lame excuse. When she asked me the last time I actually said yes, so she chocked on her coffee at the unexpected answer.

I love it and I really regret not following along earlier.

My hands dropped the metal bar at the end of my set. The weights slammed into the ground. I felt a bit dizzy after that set but it quickly passed. My hands loosened up the black belt around my waste and threw it over my shoulder as I caught my breath.

When I started lifting weights I found out a was actually kind of strong. So by now I'm notch in heel with Lexi. It annoys her and make me feel good.

I wiped my forehead with the back of my arm. My forehead socked in sweat after just the second set of deadlifts. I started to put more weight on my metal bar.

The sound of Lexi's weights dropping to the floor filled my ears.

"Just two more sets to go and this torture is finally over" Lexi said while grabbing her water bottle and taking a big gulp out of it. I did the same when I saw someone move towards us. Lexi's blue gaze moved to look behind me with one eyebrow lifted. I turned around. Hazel eyes met my blue, instantly I forgot how to breath. His tall figure hovered over me, and his plump lips were forming a kind smile. I was paralysed out of fear, scared of what he would do.

Of only Lexi knew.

"Hello miss, you are a sight for sore eyes. I'll just have to ask you out. Are you free this evening?" he said while scratching the back of his head, playing a stranger in front of Lexi. Both me and Lexi dropped our jaws. This is clearly some sick joke for him.

Lexi punched my shoulder signalling to give him my answer. Which clearly is no.

"No" I simply said without any emotion and turned around. Lexi looked firmly at me with her blue doe eyes. I walked over to my metal bar and started to tighten the black leather belt around my waist.

Lexi had her arms crossed and Rafael stood there with a small smirk on his face. Which Lexi didn't see. I noticed he wasn't going to leave so easily.

"I have a boyfriend" I lied while tying my hands on the bar. I knew Lexi never would push me into going out with a stranger so she would shut up about my little lie.

"Okay then, good day sweetheart" his Italian voice spoke and walked away. I watched as his tall muscular body made it's way out of the gym.

Oh god. He will probably kill me soon. This was just a sick way for him to play with his food.

"Emma! What the hell?! He was so hot! And Italian! And hot! Did I mention hot?!" She raged out on me. I expected this. She may never force me in front of a man but she will most definitely complain about it when I do the wrong thing according to her.

"Hello?! Are you having a stroke?! He was so obviously into you!" She threw her arms out into the ear. People around the gym started to give her weird looks making me feel uncomfortable.

"He was so not into me" I said while lifting up the bar.

"Uh yeah!" She said as the weights touched the floor.

"Give me a few reasons" I said while holding the bar over the ground.

Him asking me out and calling me a sweetheart isn't good enough reasons for him to be into me. Besides if only Lexi knew the stuff that man had done to me, she wouldn't act like this. If she knew she would've know that all his words were lies.

"One, he asked you out" she paused while walking to her bar.

"Two, he called you a sweetheart" she said while getting ready to lift.

I dropped my weights on the floor because I was done with my set. My legs sat down on the floor watching Lexi. I knew she wasn't done. This would be interesting for her to tell me why she know my kidnapper is in to me.

She lifted up the metal bar up and down. At the last rep she spoke with her face redder than a tomato.

"Three, his eyes were like fire watching you-" she dropped the bar with a heavy sound. "-his aura screamed that he was into you! Even a blind man can see that!"

I just shook my head and laughed. The thought of my kidnapper liking me was just to hilarious. He's a sick deranged man who needs bad psychological help and a life long jail sentence.

"It's true!" she annoyingly said towards me while crossing her arms.

"Yeah yeah whatever you say" I said while getting up from the floor.

We finished our work out and went our separate ways. Me to my home and Lexi to work.

It was my first day of in about a week, and I was going to take care of it the best way possible. Me, unhealthy food and a movie marathon.

My legs were sore while I walked home. The whole walk I couldn't stop thinking about Rafael. I was so scared of him. The rain started to drop down on my blonde ponytail. I didn't have an umbrella and the rain started to get more aggressive. I ended up running the last minute home because of the rain.

When I entered my white apartment in the afternoon light and I was freezing and soaking wet.

I placed down my gym bag on the wooden floor and took of my shoes beside it. My small cold hands took of my white socks before entering the apartment. I placed my now soaking wet trench coat on a hook by the door.

I hung my socks at my radiator and headed towards my bathroom.

I turned on my shower and started to undress in my blue bathroom. My shivering feet stepped inside the hot shower and the warmth hugged my sore body. I stood there for a while enjoying the warmth. My mind wandered of to Rafael again. The paranoia that he was after me grew. What does he want from me?

Eventually I knew I had to get out. So I wrapped a black towel around my body and a white around my hair.

I walked into my bedroom and put on cozy socks, a black Nike hoodie and grey sweatpants. My hair fell down when I took out the towel out of my hair. I let it air dry.

I hung up my towels in the bathroom and walked out to my kitchen. I decided to have left overs for supper. So I grabbed last nights meal and placed it on a plate. I placed the white plate into the microwave. As I waited for it to get hot I poured my self a glass of wine.

"You have a boyfriend?" A male voice spoke a few meters away from me, Rafael's voice.