Hide!

“Okay. I believe Nina is the chosen one. I say with my own two eyes, in the Frobisher Library, last year. But this whole “Sibuna” thing? A secret group in school to solve the mysteries? What is this Scooby Doo or something? For crying out loud Alfie, I wasn’t born yesterday.” I sat down at my bed and put my books back in my schoolbag. Alfie smiled sarcastically and left the room quietly, beckoning me to come with him.  I did follow him, upstairs towards Nina’s room. Alfie knocked and whispered “It’s me”. Nina told him to come in, and got a shock when she saw me. “Oh um, hi Jerome”. Looking around the door, I could see, Fabian, Amber, Patricia and Eddie. “So, I’m guessing this is a Sibuna meeting?” I said. Everyone went in shock and gave Alfie looks that would kill. “What? Sibuna? What’s Sibuna?” said Amber. “Yeah, we were just here doing homework” said Patricia. Before someone else could come in, Alfie said “Oh come on guys, he needs to know!” said Alfie. Nina rolled her eyes and smiled at me. “Jerome! Do you honestly believe this? Alfie just winding you up. Now I think we should all leave before Victor finds us up here. It is ten thirty after all” said Nina looking at everyone. Everyone got up and was about to leave when someone knocked on door.

    “Who is it?” called Nina to the person. “Excuse me young lady, be polite and open this door!” said Victor, who was now angry. There was no time for shock or whatever. Alfie dived underneath the small space underneath one of the beds, and Fabian went to the other bed and did the same. “One second!” called Nina. Patricia slid underneath the desk and quickly threw a blanket over it so she was concealed. Amber and Nina got into their beds as it was their room, and that left me out in the open.