Chapter 1

**16 Years Later..

Tap, tap, tap, tap... I clicked my nails against my baby blue math binder, trying so hard to listen to whatever Mr. Daniels was explaining about, but  just couldn't keep my focous. How was I suposed to though when Mr. D. had moved Mason Phillips in the seat right next to me? He was so cute! No complaints though, of course.

I glanced sideways at Mason and realized he was staring at me, so I smiled and winked back. Much to my suprise, he gave me a look that suggested I was a freak. Embarassed, I averted my eyes back to my binder. Tap, tap, tap, ta--

Before I could continue tapping my fingers , Mason's hand slapped down on mine, softly, but enough to get my attention, so I looked up. "Stop." He whispered, carefull not to disturb the lecture.

"Stop what?" I asked innocently, batting my lashes slightly. Flirting.

His eyebrows pulled together, giving him a look that showed he was irritated and knew exactly what I was trying to do. "Stop tapping your nails Cora."

Sighing, I looked down at my binder once more, again, embarassed. I stayed this way for the rest of class, not daring to look back at him. He obviously wasn't interested, which I have to admit, bugged me a bit, but I was definately not going to chase after him.

When I walked out of the class, I was greeted by my right hand girl, Vera. I was often slightly jealous of Vera, with her Big, bubbly gold eyes, flawless skin, and her shoulder - length brown and platnium blonde hair. She was constantly changing her hair. We walked in silence, like always, to my locker, her texting while I caught the avalanche of books and binders that came pouring out on me. Yeh, my locker could use some cleaning.

"Hey, Cor?" Vera asked, sounding a little concerned. Great.

"What is it Vera?"

"Look." She gave me her phone, which was open to a text. Guessing she wanted me to read it, I squinted, attempting to read the small print, but giving it back to her, shaking my head.

"I can't see it. Forgot to put in my contacts, and am picking up my new glasses after school." She punched me gently, "What does it say Vera?!" I was getting impaitent.

She straightened up a bit,  inorder to reach my ear so that she could whisper into it. This must be bad, I thought. "Well," She began, "it says, 'The Slut strikes again.' then has a picture of you and Damen making out." Crap. That won't turn out well.

Just then I was shoved into my locker by a tearful Lexi. "I can't believe you! My boyfriend? You little-- you little bi--" Damen grabbed Lexi's arms and pinned them to her sides. She kicked and yelled before giving up, her shoulders slumping, and tears poured down her face.

 Vera and I walked away, toward our  English class which we shared. "Cora! I can't believe you did that!" she scolded me. I shrugged. But to be perfectly honest, I don't even remember doing anything of the sort with Damen, I don't even remember flirting with him.

We got to class just in time, the bell ringing as soon as we entered. Taking my seat, which was across the room from Vera, I shrunk down in my seat, the whole class's eyes on me, no doubt either seeing what just happened in the hall, or getting the text that was forwarded to the whole Sophmore class. 

"Hey Cora, I heard about your latest mess up." A girl whose name had escaped me, mock whispered. She was making fun of me, making the rest of my classmates, Vera excluded, crack up. Great, this was going to be a long day.