To Be [THE ONE TRUE ALICE]

And so your life in The Backrooms started.

You stayed with the Camp Lavender for years. Well, it would have felt far longer if you didn't have CHESHIRE keeping track of the days you had been here. Days turned to months and months turned to years. Not that you minded, the Camp was alright and safe, a perfect place to stay to raise your STATS. You would always be helping around the camp, listening for any sort of information about Levels, Creatures, and other Settlements. Though what you really despised was when the adults wanted you to play with the other kids.

No way in Hell. You had suffered enough in your first life since your picture-perfect facade made you interact and play with the children. Anything to please dearest mommy and daddy. All you wanted to do was to be left alone in both lives. You had trained with your blade alone – gaining shallow cuts and frustration that would last for eternity – until someone had found you one day training.

...

"Hey kiddo, what are you doin- (Y/N) put that knife down! You could hurt yourself" you heard before someone almost snatched your blade away from you. You hissed and jumped away, glaring at the familiar figure of Jack.

"No, this is my blade, you can't take it," you said, looking at the man who seemed a bit panicked about the cuts on your arms.

"I- Where did you even find it?" he asked with furrowed brows.

"Somewhere," you said with a shrug before holding it protectively. "You can't take it away from me, it's my Vorpal Blade and mine alone," you said as he blinked.

"Vorpal Blade? Like in Alice in Wonderland?" he asked and you huffed, pouting.

"Actually it's from Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There. And what kind of Alice would I be if I didn't have a Vorpal Blade?" you questioned while gesturing at yourself while wearing boyish clothes in blue and white. You had a theme and you will fucking dress according to the theme.

"Still, you are too young to be handling such a weapon, what if you stab yourself?!" he said while reaching towards the blade only for you to step back more.

"I'm not too young to learn how to defend myself," you said before tearing up a bit, forcing yourself to almost cry. "I've heard how adults talk about different Levels and such and I wanna help! I don't wanna play and pretend everything is normal" you said before rubbing your eyes while Jack winced a bit. He hated to see you cry and you used that against him frequently.

Well, as much as you could without him realizing what you were doing.

"So I wanna learn how to fight and keep people safe!" you finished with wide eyes. And you knew Jack couldn't resist you, none of the adults could.

"Well... You need a teacher, someone who can tell how to use that correctly" Jack said, rubbing his neck and you smiled brightly at him as you skipped to your bookbag. Putting Vorpal there, you went back to Jack and took his hand.

"Well? Let's go go go!" you said while yanking his arm, making the man chuckle.

...

If you would have been a child mentally, your brain would have linked Jack as a father figure. And Mary as a mother-figure. They certainly acted like that but unfortunately, you had no interest to be their adopted daughter. That would just make it harder for you in the future. Jack was already a bit overprotective while Mary wanted to keep you in the Camp and mother you.

Not to mention, your brain was a jumbled mess of confusion from your past life and this life mixing with each other.

Your parents from the past life were technically 'good' parents but the emotional abuse and phycological damage that they had given to you had started young with their idea of a perfect daughter. Meanwhile, your parents in this life genuinely seemed to be good parents, never putting the same pressure on their daughter – you – as your first parents. They seemed to love their daughter very much.