Prologue

Rue narrating

Adelaide Howard was known for being Cassie's sister. She had hung out with Cassie and her friends sometimes. They absolutely adore Adelaide. Some of them consider her as their best friend. Adelaide found comfort in the girls. She didn't always hang out with them but when she did she loved every second of it. They always tell Adelaide that she is beautiful and some would even say that she is perfect. Adelaide never believed them though.

But they weren't wrong. Adelaide was a fucking goddess. I had to admit that I even had a crush on her in the 7th grade. She was pretty tall. She was 5'7. She had long brown hair that was healthy and shiny. Her skin was clear and there was a light splash of freckles around her nose and along her cheekbone. Her lashes were long and her eyes were a pretty brown color. Her body she hated the most. She was skinny and had a little bit of a but. Her boobs weren't the biggest but they weren't small. People don't really know why she hated herself so much.

Adelaide had always been jealous of her sisters. Lexi because she was smart, pretty, and always organized. Cassie because she could pull any boy and had an amazing body. Adelaide never had a boyfriend. Except for that one time Nate Jacobs kissed her in the 3rd grade.

Adelaide had never gotten over that kiss with Nate. She remembers it like it was yesterday. Adelaide was playing and the swings with me, Lexi, Cassie, and Maddy. Nate and his friends came up to us and asked us and every other kid to meet behind the trees in the yard. Of course everyone went. Next thing Nate pulled Adelaide's arm and kissed her on the lips. It was just some little peck. Like he actually kissed her.

After that Nate grew a big crush on Adelaide. She had a crush on him for a while too but then grew up and got over him. But has Nate gotten over her?