Chapter six

It was the Next day.  Lexi and I decided to hang out with each other today because everyone else at school are dicks. 

Rue and Jules had been hanging out more and more and I'm gonna be honest I was getting jealous.  Rue and I always hang out and now she barely even talks to me.

Today there was a football game which means Cassie has cheer.  Cassie and Maddy were both on the cheer team.  Me and Lexi had never found interest in it really.  I was more into softball. 

Me and Lexi had been sitting in the cafeteria together.  I looked over to see rue and Jules laughing with each other. 

The football coach had been talking about the football game.

"You guys pumped?" Coach asked.

Everyone screamed

"Let's hear it for the east highland Blackhawks" He yelled.

The team had come running out and everyone started cheering.  Nate was the first one and he looked straight at me.  I smiled at him and he smiled back.

My cheeks flushed to a light pink shade.

Lexi looked at me with wide eyes.

"What?" I was confused.

"You and Nate fucking Jacobs" She whispered yelled.

"No No No it's not like that I swear" I said in defense.

She looked at me weird but just ignored it. 

Nate still had his eyes on me.  The team had been running around yelling and jumping on tables.  Lexi had gotten up to go to the bathroom so I was now all by myself. 

Nate was walking closer and closer. 

"Hi" he smiled as he reached my table

"Hey whatcha doing here" I questioned.

"Nothing just wanted to see you" He said

"Oh"

"So um about the party i just wanted to apologize" He frowned

"Oh it's fine you were drunk that's all" I smiled.

"Oh um anyways I gotta go but um I'll talk to you later"He stated as he got up.

"Bye"I smiled and waved.

As he was walking he turned around and ran back to where I was.

"Almost forgot"He came up to me and gave me a hug.

For some reason I felt safe. I felt like I was home.  But why did I feel that way?