Argus • Promise ?

It all happened quickly, even for you who was known to be good at flying and speed, all you knew is he was gone, and never will come back into your welcoming arms. As for him it was the best for the relationship between you two, afterall a male Angel is definitely rare and many of your both kinds wanted to kill him. While Rafaela, his sister also suffered but not great as your suffering.

All you ever remember is he was turned into the abyss, because he was tainted, after he spent his time staring each other with Rafaela as twins, he also took his time with you, as if nothing happened he wanted to make sure you and him will enjoy each other's presence for the last time. After all nobody can rewind the past nor turn back the time, not even Angel's itself. And that includes you.

Present

"I'm sure we'll be fine, as long as we have each other" Argus muttered as I hummed snuggling my face against his crook, forgetting about our limited time for the last time we'll see each other. "Mmh...But will you stay with me until the evening?" I asked smiling at the male as he hummed, patting my head as I giggled and hugged him more tighter than ever. "I promise I will be with you" He said hugging me back.

"Promise?" I asked worriedly as he hummed and kissed my cheeks "Of course, why would I lie? I will be with you by the morning too, like I promised back at our wedding day" He added as I paused and thought for a bit. I will be with you by mornings, afternoons, evenings and forever. I will promise that I will take care of you, serve you as my wife, will take care of you as my wife. With this pure wings that I have, I will lift up our sorrows and make sure I will never ever leave you.

I remembered his words, it pained me greatly remembering that he and I will have to part ways and never see each other again, after this time that the Gods approved of, due to our established relationship, they all agreed to spare us sometime before he will depart from our shared home, that was filled with lots of memories. "I'll miss you.." I muttered looking down into our naked chests. "Can't you just stay?" I asked once more and I heard him sigh.

"You know as well as I am that...I will have to leave, and that is the final decision" He said using his index finger to look at him, he didn't even bother to keep his tears, instead he let them free, "But...You promised..?" I asked smiling bitterly as he shook his head while rubbing my head. "I can't I'm sorry my love" All I could do was sob and cry while he cried silently.

"Why would you even let yourself tainted?" I asked but he didn't listen nor speak only to hug me tighter than ever. "I will promise that you will be the only one that I will love" He said kissing my temple. And I felt his shoulders shook and heard him sob silently. "Sleep my darling, by the time that you will wake up, I'm always here and here too." He pointed my head and my heart too.

All I could do is hug him and nod and fell into my deep sleep.

And by the time that I woke up, he was gone off to somewhere that nobody knew except for him. All he ever left was his old clothes and things. With a note left behind for me which contains:

My love,

If you're reading this, then it means I have already left, I didn't bother to wake you up because I know that you won't let me leave, and so I left after a few hours watching you asleep in my arms, it really felt great having you in my arms again..For the last time though I have imagined having a family with you, lots of little Y/n running around our home. Too bad, I got my self tainted but don't worry! I will be with you even if we are apart now. I will miss you, as much as you do to me. I hope you will never forget about me, darling it's alright if you get married again, I wouldn't mind. Because even if I do, I don't have any right to object, afterall I let myself tainted with the demon sword. I'm really sorry. Please take care of yourself.

-Always yours Argus.