The Discovery

So... The day had come! When I arrived at the office, I couldn't believe what I was seeing...

(No, no, no...)

Saeki: - YES, YES, YES! I'm going as a witch to the event! Yay!
Daisuke: - I'm going dressed as a vampire?
Kamei: - Cool! I'm going in Batman costume! I AM THE BATMAN!
Haru: - And I'm going to be... A Werewolf?
Yukihiro: - I appreciate your animation! Go, quick! Change your clothes and get on with it!
Saeki: - Yes, sir!
Daisuke: - Yes.
Kamei: - Yup!
Haru: - AFF! OK!

*10 minutes later*

Saeki: - Haru, get out of there!
Kamei: - Yeah! You're taking too long!

I was just rolling. It had been ready for a long time, but I didn't want to leave. I was... Ashamed to wear it in public.

(Oh my God! Help me!)

Haru: *sighs* - ...Okay... I'm leaving...

And then I left...

Saeki: - OH MY GOD! You're so cute, Haru!
Kamei: - This costume is great!
Daisuke: *pretends not to see*
Haru: - Umm... Thanks... *Embarrassed face*
Yukihiro: - Well, let's go to the event! Haru: - But wait! You're not going with us?! Yukihiro: - I'll take care of the gang's case! Go have fun!
Haru: - Fine then... *Disappointed face* Kamei: - Let's go!
Saeki: - Yay!
Daisuke: - ...

We had finally arrived at the event. It wasn't a big deal: It was just a big room full of toys and a bunch of cute kids in costumes having a lot of fun. They also said that it was for us to help the children find the sweets scattered around the hall. If they didn't find them all, what was left would stay with us! (If there will be any left!) And of course, the parents would be there to see if everything was ok! We left our things in a room where children shouldn't have access. I had a simple black backpack. Inside it was my loaded gun and a change of normal clothes (you never know). I tried to get into character...
Haru: - Hello, kids! I'm the big bad wolf! Ooooooo!
Child 1: - Guys, look! He's a real wolf! Amazing!
Child 2: Do you like sweets?
Child 3: Are you bad? Will you eat us for dinner, just like you did with Little Red Riding Hood's granny?!
Child 4: - Don't be afraid! I will protect us! After all, I want to be a cop when I grow up!

(Well that little boy took the words right out of my mouth!)

Haru: - Hey, kid! Did you say your name is Haru?
Child 4: - Yes! Why?
Haru: - I don't think you remember me, but... Do you remember that policeman, Haru? The one who saved you from the car at a big event and...
Child 4: - IS IT YOU?! *lit face*
Haru: - Yes, it's me! Haru Kato!
Child 4: - Guys, it's him! I was talking about you to them!
Child 2: - So it was you who saved our friend from death?
Haru: - Yes it was!
*All the children* Children 1, 2, 3 and 4: - THANK YOU!!
Haru: - Eh... You're welcome! *Haru smiles*

I found them very cute! It wasn't bad, there were well-behaved children, good food for free... Saeki and Kamei were also having fun with the kids. And Daisuke was also smiling. In fact, I think it's the first time I've seen him laughing so hard! Time passed and the children's parents decided to go to a restaurant to eat something other than the food offered at the event. I found it a bit irresponsible; They must have thought that just because we are all police, all children would be safe 100% of the time... But that's not quite the case. And there I was, playing the big bad wolf again!

Haru: - I'll catch you! Beware of the BIG BAD WOLF! MUAHHAHAHAH!
Child 1: - Oh no!
Child 3: - Save yourself if you can!
Child 4: - What is it?

And that's when, once again, my dream turned into a nightmare, and one day I thought it wouldn't be bad, it was going to be HORRIBLE! Or almost...
The boy had taken my policeman's hat and my gun! HE TOOK MY GUN!
I ran to him before something bad happened!