A Hustler's Ambition

July 6th 1976, a child was born before he knew it, his pop's life was gone. Clarence James Brown came from a gangster family who controlled vast sections of Atlanta. In his family he grew up with his mother Christine, his oldest sister, by 6 years, Carlotta and youngest half sister, by 4 years, Cassie and his stepfather Calvin whom he dimmed and clashed with often and didn't trust anywhere near him. Ever since he was a child, his mama groomed him as her little princess, her only boy, the heir to the throne as an organised crime lord, a thug, a gangster, a king of the streets. He went by CJ, not letting anyone besides his mama call him by his government name. Working hard everyday to get that bread and earn his name. Alot of people in his hood including members of his family wanted to run the streets however CJ always wanted to rule the world.

CJ spent his time on the streets slinging dope, gambling and arranging protection extorting local businesses, whilst he was alone, he spent time playing music like classic hits like Michael Jackson, The Commodores, Run DMC and alot of rap artists, he found a hobby of writing rhymes and poems for his own entertainment. It was October 1991, he was now 15 years old. He ran these streets, everybody knew, feared and respected his name and Mark. King C, a king in his own right. CJ to those who knew him.
---
"Yo Clarence, I'm gonna need your help at the studio. Our producer's sick" Jahil asked. "Jahil, I ain't doing that man, I'm supposed to be heading down Philly today" he refused. "Come on man do me this one favour, just one quick solid, you'll get paid man" Jahil pressured. "You already owe me enough favours including one that I'm forbidden to speak about. Its a no" Clarence retorted getting back to scribbling in his notepad however Jahil just threatened him to get on his nerves which he did until he said yes. Reluctantly CJ came along bringing his girlfriend Lisa with him "Baby go over there on that couch, this ain't gonna take long" he instructs her and she sits in a spot where she can watch. Carlotta and Mary were in the booith recording. Clarence was immediately moved when he heard the sweet melody, witnessing the genius and powerful voice of their combined voices making beautiful music. Ideas and schemes instantly calculated in his head as he saw an opportunity that could help both himself and the group. He took his notepad from his bag and began wrote the words 'TITAN Records' and drafted the best contract he could think on spot in that room. Leaning into the mic "Hey ya'll come on out here, I need to show you something " He spoke interrupting the session.

"Carlotta, Mary, Jahil, read this and tell me what yall think about it" he added. "What is it?" Carlotta asked interested in the four double sided pages her younger brother had handed to Jahil. "He's offering you guys a recording contract under the name of Titan Records and is offering a 21% royalty percentage and $500,000 dollar advance for 2 years" Jahil whistled amazed at CJ's tenacity. "Use this money to finish off this album and I'm gonna produce the rest of it. I'm doing this to protect yall because of your talent that I don't want to see stolen or stripped for you in this industry . Its a dangerous game to break and of I can do what I can to protect you from the vampirez in it then so be it" Clarence declared and a silence took over the room as the group were in contemplations what to do, Lisa grabbed his hand fir reassurance and hope as they waited on an answer. He and Mary glared at eachother with a knowing looks of disdain for eachother. Jahil broke the frosting silenced ice "We will sign it" he announced and that was the partnership of CJ and Mixed Harmony and the birth of Titan Records.