humans and curses and curses and humans

-

-

MEGUMI does not know much, but he does know three facts. One, in the midst of the incident that was occurring in Shibuya, he ended up face to face with a man with speed and power that could rival the top sorcerers in Japan but eyes full of the bloodlust that matches a curse. The man and him fight in a battle Megumi was sure he would lose, only for the unnamed man to kill himself after only asking for Megumi's name: Fushiguro. He doesn't understand it, and can't grasp any of the scenes he had witnessed to be reality but in the heat of battle, he needed to accept it to be fact.

The second fact that he knows is that after the man had stabbed a knife into his own head and laid there, supposedly dead, there was a bright light with purple hues that flashed, and a gas that had poisoned the air. He had passed out, the gas fulfilling its purpose, and woke up in a nurses office who knows how long later. When he had woken up, he had seen the man resting in the bed beside his own, unconscious but somehow breathing. He was tempted to run away, jump out the window and run from whatever danger might be around in this nurse's office, but he was stopped from going through with such thoughts by the nurse herself, a short old lady who wore a very strange uniform.

The lady had introduced herself as "Recovery Girl" and informed him of what happened that led him here after seeing his confused expression. Apparently, he and that man had landed in the middle of "Eraserhead's" lesson, unresponsive with nearly fatal injuries. They had taken them in instead of calling the ambulance for a couple of reasons. One: they were still breathing and had pulses. An ambulance would have taken too long and who knows what could have happened if they just waited. Two: Recovery Girl is known to work faster and have better results when it comes to injuries than any other pro-hero (Megumi thinks the old lady is just bragging at this point.) And three, the reason that probably makes the least sense to Megumi, is that they, the school he is supposedly in, do not trust them. That, even though he and that man were on the verge of death, they could not bring themselves to not see them as anything but intruders.

Which brings him to fact number three: this school was anything but normal.

He figured out that much just by the fact that the teachers and even the school nurse had aliases, but it was even more so proven when Megumi asked to use the restroom—planning to see if he could find a way to escape there—and is told by the old lady that she must accompany him. Strange, but Megumi goes along with it. 'It's not like she can enter the men's restroom anyway,' he thought, 'My plan could still work.'

As the two walk out of the room and walk the hallways, Megumi's worries only double tenfold.

The first time he passes a humanoid-looking curse in the building, his heart almost stops.

It was an accident, really. He was deep in thought and didn't notice until he was on the floor that he had bumped into someone. The 'person' had stretched their arm out, apologizing profoundly for not looking where they were going. When Megumi looks up to tell them it was ok, that it was his fault, he stops in his tracks.