Prologue.

A vault hunter, a person of great power and great badassery, had just defeated the mighty beast that guarded the vault. He walks towards it to claim his prize, vast riches and un-

" WHAM"

Lucas- HUH, WHAT.

I bolt up as a ruler is slammed down in front of my desk. I look up in a daze to see miss dowry staring down at me with a glare.

Miss d- NO SLEEPING IN CLASS.

She walks away as she continues her lecture on biology. I groan as I am forced to listen to it.

Eden 5, the most common of all the planets. Advanced technology, but nothing interesting.

The bell rings for the end of the day as I walk out of that torture room, I walk out the main entrance, only to fall due to someone tripping me. I fall hard as my echo, books and other things from my bag spill out, I look up to see the one who tripped me, marcie halloway.

Marcie- look who it is, the nerd boy, still building that loser toy trashcan.

Lucas- Shut up bitch.

She growls and kicks me square in the head, knocking me down. I tap my nose to see crimson as the bullies laugh.

?- HEY, FUCK OFF MY FRIEND.

I look over to see my one and only friend, my bestie gaige.

Gaige- mechromancer, baddass engineer, BFF. 

She storms over and gets in marcies face.

Gaige- touch him again, and you'll be spending a lot of money on a new face. Or you could just go and blow another guy behind another gas station.

Marcie growl, but backs off knowing that gaige is pretty good in a fight, they walk away flipping her off. She looks down to see me grabbing my stuff.

Gaige- you good.

Lucas- yeah, I'm fine.

Gaige- yeah, tell that to the cherry sauce coming out of your face.

I grab one of my rags and push it against my nose.

Gaige- here, let me see.

I uncover it as gaige puts her hand to it.........then proceeds to snap it back into place.

Lucas- AHHH, FUCK, WHAT THE HELL.

Gaige busts out laughing as I hold my nose to stop the throbbing.

Gaige- sorry, but your ass is too whiny to tell you that I was gonna do that.