Prologue part 2- Origin story.

Lucas- 🎵move fast, baby, don't be slo-ow, step aside, reload, time to go-o🎵.

Today was Saturday, 2 weeks to the big science fair, I was currently working on my project, me and gaige were currently working on separate entry projects, but we help each other with our projects since we're best friend (and maybe something more someday).

I was currently in the attic of the garage, working on my nanotech armor suit, it could wrap over the wearer and give them different style clothing, weapons, attachments, all by scanning the clothing or item and integrating it into the suit, it was even immune to cold, heat, acid, water and electricity, bullets and explosions were still a work in progress, but would have a harder time killing the target at least.

As I type in the latest bit of code, I hear a scream come from the downstairs, I recognized it as gaige. In a panic, I slam my fist down on the stop button on the music and run to the stairs.....only to trip and tumble down, landing on my back.

"0.01-0.07"

Lucas- AAAHHH, GAIGE, WHERES THE ICE PACK.

Gaige- FUCK YOUR ICE PACK, LOOK.

I slowly get up and look over......and heave right on the floor, I turn thinking I could handle it now.....only to yak some more.

Gaiges left arm was gushing blood, the bone was showing and a sharp piece of scrap metal covered in blood laid on the ground.

Lucas- WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED.

Gaige- I WENT TO ATTACH ANOTHER CLAW TO DT AND IT SLIPPED.

Lucas- I TOLD YOU TO WAIT FOR ME.

Gaige- I CALLED YOU, BUT THE MUSIC WAS TOO LOUD, MY ARM IS GUSHING BLOOD, I'M STUMPED ON HOW TO CONTROL DEATHTRAP, I MAY NEED TO.......replace my arm.

Gaige slowly calms down and a look of inspiration comes over her face.

Gaige- AN ARTIFICIAL LIMB, THAT'S IT.

Lucas- WHAT.

Gaige runs over and comes back with a partical saw, she places her bloody arm on the table as I stare in shock.

Lucas- GAIGE, YOUR NOT GONNA DO THIS.

Gaige- Ha, you might wanna look away from this.

She revs up the saw as I try to stop her, but then decide that it's too late as I turn and listen to the sound of squirting blood, flesh ripping and bones snapping.

After the saw turns off, I turn around and rush to a bucket as I loss the last of what was in my stomach.

Gaige- "sigh" you know, your real cute when your squimish.