7| Dawn over the castle

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 2,600 words

𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐢

He watched from afar how the other princes' dumbfounded expressions spread among them all. Mingi was no better himself if he hadn't been so used to hiding his emotions so well.

It was not very hard to see how this Seonghwa had already printed his ways of respect into the fear of their expectations. And Mingi felt threatened in a way that made him want to hiss to have the others know how dissatisfied he was.

Wooyoung was balling his fists as the skin on both sides of his head was changing into firm silverish scales. Mingi's detecting sight caught the littlest particles of smoke ascending from the dragon's nose, and he knew he was not just angry from the long, pointy majestic horns growing on his head among his dark sooted hair.

Wooyoung's lips pouted as he drilled holes into the door that Seonghwa and Hongjoong had disappeared behind, "Why are the hottest ones always the most thorny and troublesome? You'll never get to have a chance with someone that classy and posh who still has a hot temper."

The dragon turned to his seat again, sitting down as he crossed his arms rather dissatisfied with what seemed to be everything. Mingi glanced at the others by the table, seeing how the fairie rolled his eyes at Wooyoung's grumbles.

"That guy is a pain in the ass and too classy for me. I really don't understand what you see in him when he was being that rude - unless you get turned on by bratty behavior, of course," Yunho gathered the last crumbles of pie from his plate on his spoon and fitted it into his mouth in a way that may have had Mingi gulp a bit.

Wooyoung whined into the hands he covered his scaly face with, "No! That's not what I meant. I'm just saying that he's annoying but really, really pretty! You cannot possibly deny that."

The werewolf sighed upgiving, "Sure, suit yourself. I won't keep you from hitting on an asshole who knows how to ruin my mood, " Yunho said, pulling his chair out and reaching for his handbag before standing up, "Have a good evening, I'll be finding somewhere suitable to sleep."

With that, a maid followed him out of the dining room, leaving the rest to be - until the blonde prince left them as well. Mingi reached for his wine glass and unbothered looked down into the red substance. With a boring motion, he swirled the liquid around inside the glass, seeing how it splashed against its caging. The table was quiet now, even if they still were four sitting by it, but the vampire prince guessed that the rest hadn't much to say. At least not in his company.

No one had dared ask too many questions prior to this awkward situation after everyone had told their names and where they came from. But those three sitting beside each other on the opposite side of the table, somehow felt as if they knew each other.

Mingi glanced at them out of the corner of his eyes when he lifted his wineglass to take a sip.

With San and Jongho, it was for obvious reasons. They were both from the waters, shared the same surname, and arrived in the castle at the same time. Mingi assumed they were some kind of family, or at least close to each other - and he already knew that merpeople tended to have quite big families, so it wouldn't really surprise him if they somewhat actually were potential family, despite their slightly different appearances.

But with Wooyoung had he no idea of why he seemed so familiar with the merman prince...

The vampire decided to let go of his thoughts, bringing his glass to the table's surface instead of pondering on things that would probably be revealed sooner or later. With a last glance, he saw up at the shattered window, feeling the night air blowing into the building from the hole. It would probably be fixed by tomorrow. He craved another glass of blood.