A Bad Day Today

Chapter 1 | A Bad Day Today

𝓙𝓲-𝓱𝓸

"Ji-ho, wake up!" Ji-ho groaned in exhaustion as Dal jumped on her bed. "You sure are energetic even if you attended night classes with me last night," Ji-ho muttered as Dal kept on jumping on her bed. "Oi, be careful, Dal," she heard her dad exclaim as he got into her room. She sat up from her bed and quickly grabbed hold of her brother as he squealed. 

"Hey! Get off!" My brother kept on laughing as Ji-ho just lay down with him. "You gotta stop jumping on my bed or you might break my legs," Ji-ho laughed as well and let him go. "I'll go get dressed, you go and eat breakfast," Ji-ho ruffled his head as he got out of her room, closing the door on his way out. Ji-ho ruffled her bedhead and tiredly got up from her bed. 

Ji-ho grabbed her uniform and put it on. After Ji-ho placed her socks on, she grabbed her bag and got out of her room as she went to the table with her dad and Dal eating already. "There you are. I made your favorite," Dad smiled at his daughter as Ji-ho sat down with them. "The best chef I know," Ji-ho kissed her dad's cheek as she ate her breakfast. 

"Oh, by the way, when are your exams?" He asked Ji-ho as she covered her mouth. "Next week," Ji-ho answered with food still in her mouth. "Oi, finish eating before answering back," he scolded her as Ji-ho swallowed her food. "Don't push yourself too much, alright?" He mentioned and Ji-ho raised an eyebrow. "Why's that?" Ji-ho asked as she continued eating her food. 

"You're already on the overall top ten in your entire batch, just chill for a bit. Having a healthy life and being happy is all that matters in life," he answered as Ji-ho finished her food. "It's my first time being in the overall top ten, considering that I chill a lot. I'll just chill for now and give effort when I want to as usual," Ji-ho mentioned and she drank her apple juice. 

"People shouldn't underestimate you. You're smarter than you look," he commented as Dal nodded along. "Well, whatever you say, I'm more street-smart," Ji-ho replied with a smirk as she placed her dishes on the sink and went to brush her teeth. "You are!" She heard her dad shout as she giggled at that. 

After she brushed her teeth, Ji-ho went back to the main area and grabbed her messenger bag. "I'm leaving now," Ji-ho announced as Dal came running over to her and hugged her. "Good luck with school and stay safe," Dad reminded her. "Stay safe, sis," Dal muttered as Ji-ho gave him a big kiss on the cheek. 

"See you after school," Ji-ho waved at them as she wore her shoes and went out of the door. When Ji-ho got out, Cheong-san also came out of his apartment door at the same time. "Good morning, Cheong," Ji-ho stood on her tippy toes and ruffled his head as he was still chewing his food. Both of them walked over to On-jo's door and rang the doorbell. 

They both waited for a bit until On-jo finally came out of the door. "Ready?" Ji-ho asked them as they all got into position. "Rock, paper, scissors," Cheong-san and Ji-ho waited for her signal. Whoever is the loser will carry the first winner's bag while the second winner is safe from carrying anyone's bag.

"One, two, shoot!"

Rock.

"One, two, shoot!"

Scissors.

"One, two, shoot!"

Rock again.

"One, two, shoot!"

On-jo and Ji-ho were paper, while Cheong-san was scissors.

"Yeah!" Cheong-san exclaimed as On-jo and Ji-ho faced each other.