Infected

Chapter 3 | Infected

In-su sighed as Ji-ho ended the call. From what he mentioned during the call, he saw other people eating each other up and becoming zombie-like. He still needed to call his wife, Ari, about all of what was happening, however, he still couldn't comprehend what his daughter just told him. Byeong-chan, his cousin, is at the police station. 

"What is happening today?" He asked himself as he looked for Ari's number. Dal has been quiet lately as well. He had heard a lot of screams from outside and didn't want to look at what it was after his dad had a terrified look on his face and closed the blinds. "Honey?" In-su heard his wife's voice on the phone. "Ari, we need help ASAP," he said as Ari chuckled. 

"What? No hello, or how are you?" Ari made a joke. "Love, I'm serious," In-su went near the window and took a peek outside. "Wait, what's happening over there?" Ari asked as In-su looked at what was happening outside. "This is gonna take a while and a lot of convincing," In-su answered seriously as he told her everything.

𝓙𝓲-𝓱𝓸

Everyone started to calm down while Cheong-san and Wu-jin just sat and held onto the table that was blocking the broken windows. "Ji-ho, your head is bleeding," Ji-ho felt On-jo tug her sleeve and she looked over at her. Ji-ho was seated next to On-jo and I-sak joined them. 

"Oh, it's probably when I bumped my head on the door when I was helping Dae-su. It's fine," Ji-ho reassured her. "No, you need to patch it up," On-jo stated. "Ji-ho," the two looked over at Cheong-san who called Ji-ho. "Come here," he gestures to Ji-ho. She looked at her friends and they gestured her to him so she stood up and walked over to him. 

He pulled out his clean handkerchief and held it onto her head. It was more on the temple that was bleeding. "Thank you and thank you for the other time," she held on to the handkerchief as he patted her head. What they didn't notice was most of their friends were silently celebrating or had smirks on their faces from seeing that moment.  

All of a sudden, a loud static came from the speakers and all of the zombies ran towards the speakers that made the sounds. "Students and teachers of Hyosan High School. I'm Park Sun-hwa, the English teacher," Ms. Park stated as everyone listened in. 

"Something strange is happening throughout the school. Some students are attacking others indiscriminately, so please flee and find a safe place and if any student or faculty hears this and is able to, please call the police and the fire department," she stated and continued.

"Students, hide somewhere safe until help arrives. If you can get out of the school, please get out," she sounded like she was about to cry. "I'll say it again. Some students are..." She choked on her words and she gave out a shaky sigh. Hang in there, Ms. Park, Ji-ho thought as she felt her eyes building up some tears. 

Cheong-san pulled her up from the table he and Wu-jin were sitting on and held onto her side. She laid her head on his shoulder as she tried to wipe the tears away. "Hey, everyone. You're okay, right? You're not hurt?" She asked all of us who are still alive. "I don't know what's going on in here or how this whole thing happened, but still, find a safe place and hide," she sniffed. 

"I... I'm sorry. I can't help," Ms. Park choked on her sobs. "Don't get hurt, okay? Please, let's stay alive and meet again, okay?" Ji-ho held on to Cheong-san's sleeve and she tried to calm herself down. Cheong-san was quiet and didn't say anything but let her use his shoulder and sleeve. He hesitantly grabbed her hand and gripped it tightly to which she held his hand back as the whole room was silent. 

Soon everyone was feeling alright and safe now that the zombies weren't trying to get into the lab. Wu-jin patted Cheong-san on the shoulder as he got down from the table and went over to sit next to Dae-su. Cheong-san and Ji-ho sat together on top of the table as the two stayed quiet. "You feeling alright?" Cheong-san decided to break the silence and look at her.