to marissa

to: marissa

from: finn

hey marissa,

it's finn! how've you been? (ooh, that rhymed a little).

i'm sorry we haven't talked in a hot minute, so i hope this letter gets to you!

last time we talked, i remember you talking about a girl named riley, and that you weren't exactly sure if you had feelings or not. i definitely think by the way you talked about her, there must be something there; but i could be wrong.

if you'd like my advice, it'd be to try and get to know her better, you know, before you get caught up in everything. if i've learned anything from joining the glee club, it's that really getting to know someone could change your perspective, obviously.

from then on, i'd say to just see where it goes. if you find out that they're not cool, hey! you learn something new everyday. but if you end up hitting it off, great! 

hopefully that helped.

i also remember talking about school and keeping up with homework. jeez, you really asked the wrong person for help on this, but, oh well, i'll try my best.

you said that you often find yourself staying up too late and, consequently, having little to no time for hobbies and homework. right off the bat, i can totally relate. something that works for me though, is having a planner to record my homework and upcoming tests. this just helps me become more organized and accountable for the things i have to do.

another thing i find helpful is working on homework with my friends! it makes it much more fun and easier than doing it by myself, but i totally get it if you prefer doing it alone.

and then i remember you showing me your art! let me tell you, you are one of the most talented artists i've ever seen, seriously! your style and attention to detail is what i like most. i definitely think that if you keep working on your drawings, it can make you an even greater artist.

you may not know this about me, and please don't laugh, but i've actually started to draw, too. something that keeps me motivated is challenging myself to draw something everyday. i know this may sound intimidating at first, but it really helps having small challenges like that.

in all, and i know this is probably so annoying to hear, but really, don't worry about this. you're a great problem solver so you'll find a way to solve these. everything will turn out alright. just try not and lose too much sleep worrying about the little things.

well, it's getting late on my side so i think i'm going to head off to bed.

i hope to talk with you again, see you!

yours truly,

finn hudson