The Fate's Lesson - Part 1

The Fate's Lesson

This is a SS deviating from the fire incident at the Birla Medical Camp.

The story starts right after the fire breakout at Birla Camp, where Akshara had jumped into the fire to save Abhimanyu, but Arohi had taken away all her credit leaving Abhimanyu to believe that Akshara did not even care to wait until he was out of the fire or to know if he was dead or alive.
Arohi takes the credit in front of the two families and also managed to blackmail Akshara into a spiral of guilt trips to keep her mouth shut. Abhimanyu, hoping against hopes to see a change of heart in her, rang up Akshara to see if she was even worried about him, but Abhi was left heartbroken and furious when Akshu had nothing to say, even when he himself called her.

Right then, a servant walked into his room to keep the washed medical coat and the clothes that had got dirty in the camp.

"Sahab," The servant raised his hand to show him something, "yeh aapke shirt ki collar mein atka hua tha."

Abhi stood frozen on the spot. It was Akshara's bracelet.

Life has a funny way of bringing us back to where we changed our paths from. It was Akshara's bracelet that he had first found, when Abhimanyu had been roaming in search of the voice that captured his soul. And every time he decided to let go of his love, this bracelet had found its way back to Abhimanyu, as if it was always his more than Akshara's.

"WOH AKSHARA THI!"

Neil paused in his tracks. He had been passing by his brother's room when Abhimanyu's voice pierced through his headphones. He rushed in to find Abhimanyu staring at the bracelet in wonder and shock.

"Bhai kya hua?!" Neil held his shoulder and glanced at the bracelet his brother so shockingly stared at, "Yeh bracelet kiska hai? Akshara?"

Abhi stood silently, not for a second leaving the sight of the bracelet he firmly clasped in his fingers. The look of wonder and shock on his face slowly turned into determination.

"Neil," Abhi softly spoke up, not for a second leaving the sight of the bracelet clasped in his fingers, "kya tu jaanta hai, mujhe aag se kisne bachaya?"

Neil blinked. "Of course bhai, sabko pata hai. Aaro-"

"Tu jaanta hai mujhe kisne bachaya?"

Neil paused. "Bhai, aap kya keh rahe-"

"Do. You. Know?"

Neil furrowed his brows.

"Bhai..."

"Kya Tu Jaanta Hai Neil..." Abhi raised the bracelet high up for Neil to see both the bracelet and the fury in his eyes, "Kisne Bachaya Mujhe?"

Neil stared at Abhimanyu in shock. "Ak-Akshara?"

Abhi nodded.

"Aisa kaise ho sakta hai?" Neil immediately replied, "Akshara wahin thi, Arohi itna bada jhoot Akshara ke saamne kyu bolegi?"

"Dr. Arohi kya kar sakti hai kya nahi I DON'T CARE." Abhi's furious eyes bore into Neil's worried ones, "Mujhe fark iss baat se padta hai ki Akshu mere liye..." his voice cracked, "mere liye apni jaan pe kheli... Neil, usey kuch ho jaata toh?" Abhi stared at him in horror, "Aur yeh baat kaafi nahi thi kya, ke Akshu ne saara credit bhi apni behen ko de diya?" He shook his brother in panic, "Kisi ne check bhi nahi kiya hoga usey, Akshu ko kahin chot lagi hogi toh?"

Neil did not speak a word. He could only stare at his brother donning a fresh shirt, packing his doctor's briefcase while muttering something under his nose.