The Fate's Lesson - Part 14

Note - Not edited. Not the last chapter either. Y'all give me too much love, then I keep on writing, and then the number of chapters increase. Not my fault :P

Recap - The flat line on the ECG did not waver Dr. Abhimanyu's determination to bring his Akshu back to life. The last pint of hope brought his Akshu back to life, while Kairav apologised to Abhimanyu for never understanding Akshara's unspoken love for him. While Anand asked Abhimanyu to let go of Ruby's case now that Ruby was in jail, Abhimanyu dismissed the matter.  

Abhimanyu, not for a moment left Akshara's side, and after a peaceful sleep near her bed had woken up to the soft caresses on his head from the girl who saved his life twice.  Tying her silver bracelet on her wrist, Abhimanyu gave a promise to Akshara. A promise to not let anything happen to the reason of his survival, his sanity - her voice. 

____________________________

The days passed in the blink of an eye for Dr. Abhimanyu Birla, who had conveniently chosen to forget that he had a home to go back to. At nights, Abhimanyu would be found sleeping either in his cabin or next to Akshara's bed, and Manjiri didn't wait for his homecoming either. She was well assured of his good health for as long as he was close to his Akshu.

Nobody from the Birlas dared argue with him over Akshara, and Harshvardhan Birla had taken a clear cut out of his sight since the day he once tried to put the blame of all the tragedy on poor Akshara. Abhimanyu's blood thirsty eyes and his threat of leaving the Birla family and house had scared Harshvardhan to the point of staying as far from Abhimanyu's eyes as possible.

The Goenkas, on the other hand were having a hard time digesting the undisputable truth of their entangled lives. The fact that Akshara gave up on her love for a sister who only ever despised everything Akshara did, was a hard-hitting blow. But when Kairav revealed to them how Arohi had manipulated the situation to take away Akshara's credit for saving Abhimanyu from the fire, there were no second guesses about Akshara's love for Abhimanyu.

There were no second guesses for Arohi's intentions either, Manish Goenka had realized, that Akshara's desires had somehow always been neglected in front of Arohi's stubborn demands. Then whether it be Arohi demanding all of Akshara's favourite toys, demanding that Akshara leaves the house or wanting Abhimanyu for herself, it had always been Arohi before Akshara.

And while Abhimanyu made sure Arohi only entered Akshara's room in his strict presence, Kairav had taken the most difficult task of making sure nobody from his family preached Akshara against her heart's wishes. Owing to the treatments she had been undergoing, Akshara was kept on heavy doses most of the time, which didn't let her interact with anyone much. But Kairav had well understood the fragile state of mind that Akshara was in, and the fact that the only person his sister needed right now was the man she loved to death.

Abhimanyu was fighting tooth and nail to arrange the best treatment, best facilities and the best of the specialists, only so that he could listen to the voice that healed the surgeon's heart. For the times when Akshara's eyes would well up from the grief of not being able to speak without a shooting pain in her throat, Abhimanyu would strum her guitar mindlessly and sing in the most disharmonious tune he could. He didn't give a flying fig about what the world outside thought of him, for as long as his Akshu was smiling, his whole world was smiling.

Two weeks later:

"Akshara, how are you feeling?" Dr. Anand greeted her and proceeded to check her vitals.

Akshara simply smiled.