The Fate's Lesson - Part 3

First of all, super sorry for going MIA on y'all! 1) I got a new phone & the dumb me forgot to transfer all my notes (2) I forgot an important connection to the climax of this SS, and had to re-edit insanely, which is why I did not publish the next parts. *sigh*

Hope you enjoy the update!

----------------------------

"Miss Akshara Goenka?"

"Yes..."

"This is Ajit Goel speaking from Gandhi Public Hospital. You have an interview scheduled right now for the position of Music Therapist, I wanted to know if you are running late or..."

"I'm sorry," Akshara stared at the little smile on Dr. Mahima's face, "I just got selected for a job somewhere else. Thank you for the opportunity."

Mahima stood up from her seat with a twinkle in her eyes and patted Akshara's back. "Welcome to the Birla fam- I mean, the Hospital. Good luck!"

"WHAT THE HELL!"

A loud shriek had Akshara jump in her spot while Mahima looked past scornfully at the uninvited intruder in her cabin. Arohi strode up to Akshara and pulled her hard by the elbow.

"Tu yahan... Birla Hospital mein kaam karegi?" Arohi scrunched her nose, "Hai kya tujh mein? Tu mujhe kahin bhi chain se jeene nahi de sakti na?"

Akshara, in her turmoil of the day's happenings had completely forgotten the fact that Arohi works in the same hospital she just agreed to work for. She had been wary of coming face-to-face with Abhimanyu after their phone call the previous night, but not for once did she think of Arohi's liking about her job in the same hospital as she and Abhimanyu.

"Ghar pe kam tha ki ab teri manhoos shakal yahan bhi dekhni padegi mujhe?"

"Mind your language Dr. Arohi!" Mahima intervened with a glare, "Firstly, this is my cabin and secondly, Miss Akshara Goenka is the Head of the newly introduced Music Therapy Department at Birla Hospital." She declared, snatching the earth beneath Arohi's feet. "She is already your senior, and mind you I shall not tolerate any disrespect."

"Ma'am," Arohi clenched her fists and controlled her tone, "I don't understand why you will hire a non-competent person. She has no identity, no deg-"

"Uski aawaz hi uski sabse badi pehchaan hai." Mahima crossed her arms, "And please, don't talk about identity and image, mujhe do minute nahi lagega poore hospital ko tumhara character certificate dikhane mein."

Arohi glanced at a nervous Akshara and furrowed her brows, "Excuse me?"

Akshara stood quietly clutching the pendrive in her hands. She watched as Mahima lifted the photograph and flashed in front of Arohi.

"Birla Hospital ki sabse badi besharam, Dr. Arohi Goenka." Mahima smirked, "Dusron ka credit- oh I'm sorry, apni behen ka credit cheen leti hai."

Arohi staggered on her feet. In mere two seconds, the pride in Dr. Arohi's demeanour had turned into crippling fear. She snatched the photo from Dr. Mahima and tore it into pieces.

"This doesn't prove anything." Arohi held her head high, "Mm..main wahan... chhod ke gayi thi.. Abhimanyu ko... Akshara ke bharose, oxygen mask-"

"Akshara," Mahima decided to cut Arohi's lies off once and for all, "give me the pendrive."

******************

Abhimanyu jerk-stopped his bike right outside the gates of the Birla Hospital and threw away his helmet. Since the time he caught hold of the one proof that stated all his delusions true, Abhi had not had one moment of peace. He wanted to see Akshara, he wanted to know if she is okay. He wanted to shake her hard and ask why she risked her life for him, he wanted to know why she always chose to give everything she deserved to Arohi, even her love.