Chapter 20 - The Dance Partner

"Your friend?" Akshu asked Abhi.

"His ex fiancé." Ananya answered.

Akshu raised her eyebrow at Abhi who was looking at Ananya in shock. "You didn't tell me you were engaged before." Before Abhi could answer, Akshu turned around and walked away.

"What the hell, Ananya? When were we engaged?" Abhi went off on Ananya.

"Oh were we not? Sorry, I thought we were. Oh well." Ananya walked away.

"What...in the world! Uggghh. Let me find Akshu." Abhi walked around looking for her and found her next to Aaru.

"Akshu. Listen. That's not true. Ananya and I were never engaged."

"Who is Ananya?" Aaru asked.

"Okay? Why would I care?" Akshu said to Abhi.

"Who is Ananya?" Aaru asked again.

"She's my ex girlfriend but we were never engaged. I never wanted to marry anyone else except you."

"Right. It doesn't matter to me who Ananya is. Oh there is that Vatsal. Aaj toh nahi choodongi usse." Akshu said running off.

"Mmmm..." Aaru smiled.

"What?"

"Kuch nahi. See you later." Aaru walked away.

"Yeh ho kya raha hai?" Abhi said getting frustrated.

++++++++++

"So you really like this Akshara?" Ananya asked.

"Yes, I do." Abhi answered coldly. He was still pissed about her earlier statement.

"Why? Mujhe laga you will always go with someone who is a lot more sorted, a lot more beautiful and a lot more intelligent. This girl can't even take a few steps without tripping.  Mujhe laga you will marry a girl like...me?"

"Agar tumhari jaisi ladki se shaadi karna hota toh I would have married you." Abhi snapped at her. "Aur Akshu is extremely intelligent and talented and I find her to be the most beautiful so please."

"Really? She seems like a big fool to me. She's not right for you, Abhi."

"Ananya, please..." Before he could finish, he saw Ananya looking over his shoulder. He knew who was there even before he turned around.  "Akshu." She gave him an angry look and ran off.

Ananya smirked and walked away.  Abhi stood there for a second.  Ananya pehle toh aise nahi thi...yah I never noticed?

+++++++++++

"Dekha! I told you she's a mast dancer!" Vatsal said to Akshu as they watched Diya's cousins perform. Akshu threw him a dirty look.

"Akshu, tu chahti hai ke main Abhi ke saath dance karoon toh manzoor hai lekin we can't just not dance.  Izzat ka sawal hai! You dance with Neil, I'll dance with Abhi." Aaru said to Akshu.

"Kyun? Why would you dance with Abhi? He's my partner!" Akshu exclaimed.  As soon as the performance from Diya's family was over, Akshu grabbed Abhi's hand and dragged him to the dance floor. "Tum logon ko kya alag se invitation send karoon?" She yelled at the rest of the group. They all went to the dance floor and Aaru winked at Abhi. Abhi was even more confused but decided to focus on his dancing before Akshu told him off as well.

"You better not mess up." Akshu warned Abhi. Abhi grinned. He took her and started their performance.

+++++++++++++++++++

"Did you see? Everyone was clapping so hard!" Nishta said happily.

"Haan Akshu! You did a great job choreographing this." Aaru agreed.

"Pata hai." Akshu beamed.

"That was really good, Akshara." Ananya said coming up to her. Akshu gave her a fake smile which made Aaru laugh. "Anyways, where's Abhi?"

"Abhimanyu." Akshu said to her. "He prefers people to call him, Abhimanyu."  With that, she walked away.

++++++++++

Akshu walked around her room remembering Ananya's words to Abhi. Someone more sorted. More beautiful. More intelligent. "Kyun? Kya yeh Abhi aasman se tapka hai ke I'm not good enough for him? Mujh mein kya burai hai?"

"Koi burai nahi." Aaru said sitting on their bed. Akshu didn't notice her come in. "Lekin tujhe khud shaadi nahi karni. You want to find yourself first and all...so why do you care what that Ananya thinks."

"Why would I care what that Ananya thinks?" Akshu said rolling her eyes. "She can think whatever she wants!"

"Right. That's why you been walking in circles for the last 30 minutes cursing her out."

"I have not. Bakwas mat karo. I'm going to bed." Akshu climbed on the bed and laid down.

Aaru sat on the bed and smirked. 

Sorry for another short chapter! Promise next chapter will be longer....but is Akshu baby getting jelly? Does anyone else think something going on with Aaru? She's far too happy with Ananya being there

Typos fixed