Chapter 36 - The Karan Johar

"Piyaaaaa tohse naina lage reeeee naina laga reeeeee..."

"I see Jija-ji did come to see you last night." Aaru smirked unpacking her bag as Akshu sat on the bed with a silly smile singing.

"Does he tell you everything?" Akshu asked Aaru.

"Mujhe kyun batayega? He's your bae."

"Sid is my bae. Abhi is my....side bae." Akshu told Aaru. "Phir tell me how did you know he came to visit?"

"Because of that stupid smile on your face." Aaru pointed out.

"Acha guess what we did!" Akshu sat up.

"Nahin! I don't want to guess and I don't want to know. Baksh de mujhe!" Aaru said covering her ears. "Akshu! You better not have done anything on my bed!"

"Arreeey! We only watched a movie...and cuddled. That's it.  Though he was hoping for more..." Akshu giggled.

"I don't want to know what he was hoping for. Ugggh Akshu!" Aaru finished unpacking. Akshu looked at her and laughed.

"Acha fine. Bata what should I wear for the Ganesh Puja tomorrow...." Akshu went to her wardrobe.  She took out a skirt and a top. "How about this?"

"Kyun? Tu KG ki teacher ke post ke liye jah rahi hai?" Aaru took the clothes away from her. "Akshu, how do you even find this stuff?" Aaru looked through Akshu's stuff. "Uggh. Get up. Let's go shopping. Shaadi ho rahi hai. Waise toh bohat shok hai Katrina aur Deepika bane ki but you still dress like Rakhi Sawant! Chal!" Aaru took Akshu's hand and dragged her out of the room.

++++++++++++

"Oooooh this one!" Akshu excitedly pointed to a maroon lengha with silver sequins.

"I am pretty sure Mimi had curtains like that at one point." Aaru shook her head.

"Yeh wala!" Akshu pointed to a Banarasi style sari.

"Haan. So you and Badi Mumma can match." Aaru rolled her eyes.

"Toh phir yeh?" Akshu said of a dark pink lengha with heavy embroidery and sequins.

"Puja hai meri maa. Teri shaadi nahi. Tu chup kar. I'll decide."  Aaru made Akshu sit on a chair while she looked at the options. Akshu said with her arms crossed sulking.

At the end, Aaru managed to find a light pink sari with light golden work on it, perfect for a bride-to-be to wear at a puja without going overboard.

On their way back home, Akshu sat in the passenger seat deep in thought. "Kya hua? You missing your khadoos?" Aaru asked her.

"Mmm...nah. Main soch rahi hoon ke tu meri kitni help karti hai. Jab teri shaadi hogi toh main teri help kar sakongi?"

"Bilkul. Mujhe pata hai you will do even more for me." Aaru smiled at her big sister. "But don't worry. Mera koi plan nahi hai shaadi ka."

"Kyun? You date so many guys. Ek din shaadi toh karni hogi na."

"Ji nahi. I get bored too easily." Aaru laughed.

"Mmm...what if I get bored of Abhi?" Akshu asked her.

"Please. You won't.  You don't see it now but you two are meant to be. Like Mumma and Papa. I can see it in the way you two look at each other or how you light up whenever you talk about him. I've never felt like that about anyone."

"Yet." Akshu smiled at her.

"Never I will. The love of my life will always be you only, sadly for me." Aaru rolled her eyes. "You are the only person in the world I can tolerate for more than a day." 

"Wait and see." Akshu giggled. "Koi tumhare liye bhi hai."

"Acha, I'm going to stop at the corner and you get off."

"Kyun?? Fine stay single! But don't abandon me in middle of the road! Main nazuk si masoom si pyari si! Kisi ne mujhe kidnap kiya toh?" Akshu cried.

"Haan. Tumhara kidnapper tera wait kar raha hai." Aaru said stopping the car. Akshu looked at her in shock until Aaru pointed outside. Akshu turned around to see Abhi waiting with his bike, waving.

Akshu turned to look at Aaru. "Tu sach mein Karan Johar ban gayi hai." She kissed Aaru's cheek. "Bye!"

Akshu got off the car and waved Aaru goodbye. She turned to Abhi and hugged him. "What is this plan?"

"Maine socha we can go on a date." Abhi grinned at her.

"Okay but no funny...."

"No funny business I know." Abhi shook his head. "Very bad, Akshu. Your mind only goes toward one thing."

"Kya?" Akshu hit his arm. "My mind?"

"Aur nahi toh kya? I was thinking we can have a nice little evening but tumhe dekho. You are only after one thing...I know I'm good but...."

"Chup!" Akshu covered his mouth with his hand. "Kuch bhi? Acha! Main bataon kya karey?"

Abhi kissed Akshu's hand. "Kya?"

"Let's go to the disco and eat some dhoklas!  Let's go to Disco Dhokla!" Akshu said excitedly.

"Kya?" Abhi laughed.

"Let's go you will see!" Akshu sat behind Abhi on the bike and they set off.

Date and Ganesh Puja coming soon. Only wrote a short update because I miss you guys. Am I the only one who wishes Akshu and Aaru had the same bond in the show!

Typos fixed later