Chapter 4

I opened my eyes and took in the smell of strong coffee and remedy music. Pulling my shirt on I went downstairs to find my dad in the kitchen grooving. As I remember when my mom was here, her and dad would be side to side singing and slow jamming

"Morning Daddy"

I grabbed a cup of coffee and kissed his cheek.

"Hey Babygirl, how was last night?"

He pulled his glasses down to look at me, I smirked giving in

" It was great, just peachy"

He gave me a assuring look at poured coffee in my cup.

" Good cause I invited him over for breakfast"

I face palmed myself , why is this man trying to get me a man.

"We Have No Breakfast, how is h-

My dad turned around and handed me a pan and the spatula. I gave him a grim look and set them down as I watched him grab his cane and walked into the living room....

I finished up the food and set them out.

"Come on in Derek!"

I glanced around the corner ... And God of Glory. His bright smile and Carmel glistening skin. The way his shirt hugged his muscles. Damn there I go again, retracting to him..

"GoodMorning Julia" he grinned and came into the kitchen. I was still in my shorts and tank top... And Flour was all over my face. Shit....

"Hey Derek!" I turned around and grabbed the egg and sausage casserole.

"Lemme take that for you" he grabbed it and went into the dinner room

Quickly I ran upstairs to freshen up, put on a robe and re did my hair. Crazy how I don't want a man but I'm trying to impress one? I went to the bathroom and washed my face and I skimmed across the room for my robe. I picked it up and threw it on. Tying my honey brown curls up and trying to get downstairs .....I managed.

" Oh there you are!" Derek turned around and motioned for me to sit in the chair next to him.

Sitting down I watched my Father sip his coffee and give off a " I know you went upstairs to get cute" look.

Derek pulled my chair out and I sat. We offered up a prayer and began eating.
..:

"This was great, you sure know how to put it down in the kitchen." Derek picked up all the dishes and made his way to the kitchen.

I followed behind him, watching him put the dishes away.

"Lemme do the dishes, you just go get ready"

Get ready?

"Wait get ready for what?"

He turned around slightly and smile a little. I folded my arms because it finally came to me.... My father set me up for a date.

I pushed open the kitchen door, going straight to his room. He sat on the edge of the bed with his oxygen tank and a big ole smile plastered on his face.

" You are so rambunctious" I said sitting next to him. Playfully I swiped at him with my hand. He coughed,still smiling at me.

"You need to get out of the house, your eggs are dieing my child!!"

I rolled my eyes at him and smacked my lips against my teeth.
"Yeah, Yeah, Yeah I know and I need to stop being ugly Betty. Always hiding away from people right?
He wrapped one arm around me and kissed my head.

I hugged him back and went out the room.
..... "Time to get ready " I sighed to myself  and went upstairs to find something appealing.