Chapter 20: Peter

Everyone agreed to come with Atlantia and I so we can try to fix them before Strange sends them to their deaths. I was hurt that Atlantia originally didn't want to try to save them but I understood where she was coming from. She had been hurt too much by trying to save people whose fate was already set but I guess she saw something and thought this time she could try. I was glad no matter the reason she was agreeing to my plan, she was doing it with an open mind. She allowed me to take the lead and I used May's big truck to transport everyone to Happy's apartment. The men were quite confused when I brought them to the apartment as I assumed they expected to be brought to a laboratory and not a bachelor's apartment. Atlantia was keeping her double unconscious with the handcuffs she had chained her with so she was carrying her. I offered to carry her but she waved me off because she was worried her double would hurt me.

Anyway, as the men entered I looked at each one carefully and tried to make sure everyone was here but I noticed that Conner's, the lizard, was not here. I turned to May since she was the one who had been the last at the truck.

"Where's Connor's?" I asked her.

"He told me he wants to stay in the truck," May said nonchalantly. I nod and glance at Atlantia who either did not hear May or was too focused on watching the other multiverse travelers to listen to May and me. I was hoping the latter so I just moved to deactivate the alarm system.

"Alarm systems deactivated." The computer voice rang through the house.

I turn back to May looking a little guilty, "Okay, I feel kinda bad using Happy's place like this."

"No, no, no, no. He'll get over it." May assured me. I nod not feeling totally confident as I see the men make themselves at home. Max had sent a dim pulse of energy at the tv so it would turn on and Flint Marko, the sandman, sits on the couch immediately getting dirt on it.

"Oh, sorry." He apologizes. He tries to brush it off but it just makes it worse. By this time Octavius had gotten over his surprise at being at a bachelor's apartment and had decided to speak his mind.

"So this is your plan, Peter?" Otto growls, "Mmm? No lab, no facilities, just performing miracles in a condominium?" I just stare at him letting him finish, "What, you're gonna cook up some cures, some frozen burritos in a microwave?"

Norman was tinkering with Dum-E and immediately brightened up when he heard burritos, "I could go for a burrito."

"He's gonna kill us all!" Otto shouts.

"Well, let's hope not." I say nodding toward him. "You're up first, Doc." I move toward the back room with Otto sputtering behind me.

"What? Hey! I told you, I don't need fixing. I don't need fixing! Especially by a teenager using scraps from a bachelor's junk drawer." By this time Max had followed us, interested with what I had back there since it looked like he could sense what I wanted to use.

"No, no, no, no." Max corrected, "He's got something back there. I can feel it. That weird energy." I see Atlantia step behind them obviously watching them carefully as I pull the sheet off the fabricator that Tony gave me.

"What the hell is that?" Norman asks looking at with interest.

"It's a fabricator." I explain as I press a button so it would unfold and reveal the household engineering lab that it was. "It can analyze, design, construct basically anything."

"You used it to save me when I was like her." I look up to see Atlantia jerking her head toward her double.

"Yeah," I confirmed as the arc reactor pops up signaling that it was closed to being fully activated.