Chapter 3: The Wake Up Call

It's dark, with smoke overtaking the area completely.
In the center of the parking lot at Greg's Diner is a massively sized crater caused by the explosion. Scattered around the scene are the employees of the diner.

Rick Fisher slowly begins to open his eyes, awakening within the crater formed in the parking lot of Greg's Diner.
The Captain tries to rise to his feet, but still incredibly weak from the explosion, vomits right down next to his feet. Strangely, he notices that the rock he puked on starts to disintegrate into nothing, being completely wiped from existence.
Feeling even more sick, Rick collapses down to his knees. He begins to frantically look around to his surroundings, hoping that all of this is just one big bad dream. Worried about the diner, he quickly turns around, and gasps out of shock.
Upon inspection, he notices the diner is alight with flames, burning as he watches on. Windows are broken, and a giant chunk on the side of the building has been ripped right off.

Fisher begins to get very sick, still reeling from the blast, with his vision even beginning to blur. Everything gets hazy, as he falls to his back. He looks over, and notices the figures of his employees, PJ, Larry, Yggil, and Fracis. Fisher begins to cry, assuming he is the only one to survive this incident. He starts feeling very tired, just as he also begins to hear the sounds of a vehicle approaching the area rapidly.

Suddenly, a van pulls into what's left of the parking lot.
The back doors open, and stepping out of the the van is Dr. Zachary Hughes, and a squad of agents suited up in hazmat gear. The head scientist of M.A.C. sighs as he observes the scene, and the destruction that was caused. He radios into headquarters "This is ZH-12, mission failed, we were too late. It's a disaster here, over."
Static fills the radio, as Commander Ken speaks out,"Hughes, you have to rescue any survivors, and bring them back with you. We may be able to help them."
Quietly, Hughes mumbles to himself "God dammit... Shit." He gulps as he brings the radio closer to his face. His voice trembles as he says "Roger that, Commander..."

Hughes looks back up to the heavy smoke and fire from the crater, hardly able to see anything. He clears his throat, as he tells his men "Alright guys, start spreading out, look for any survivors. If we're lucky, there's a slight chance the victims here are still alive. Orders are under Commander Ken!"
The soldiers nod, as they head into the smoke and ash of the blast aftermath. They flash their lights around, trying to see anything. They see a couple totaled cars, all sorts of debris. One of the soldiers aims his light around a car, and discovers Yggil up against the car.
His veins are glowing bright like embers, as his body is engulfed in dying flames. They notice however, that his skin is completely immune to the flames, he is unharmed, though unconscious.  "I found something, over here!"

Men in fire proof and hazmat suits approach their colleague, and all circle the man on fire.
Dr. Hughes walks over wearing a gas mask, and observes the body. "Fascinating, he's unaffected! But, how is this possible?  By now, his skin should be boiling, melting. Oh this is just wonderful! The Commander will be relieved that at least one survived!" The soldiers proceed to lift up the flaming body of Yggil, and take him back towards the van.

Watching on from a distance, an injured Fisher starts to cry out "What are you doing with him?!" One of the hazmat suited men shriek out in fear as they say "Holy shit, there's another one, he's still alive!" A groggy Rick tries to rise to his feet, but is too weak and in too much pain to move. He collapses back down onto his face, as two soldiers come over, and lift him up by his arms, dragging him over to the van.
"Wait, where are you taking me?! I'm not going to any fucking labor camp mother fuckers! You'll have to kill me before I do any sweat work bull shit..."

The soldier on Fisher's right puts a wet towel to his face, putting him right to sleep. The left soldier sighs, as he asks "Was that really necessary?"
"Did you want to keep hearing him rattle off?"
"We could've tried saying like hey we're helping you or something at least. Shit like that dude? That makes us look like the bad guys."
"Is this really the place you want to start with me? Just like last time, I will fuck you up again homie..."