𝟎𝟎𝟏

❝I'm fed up with you not being here,
when you know love is all I need.❞

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟎𝟐'
- 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐫𝐤 -

The plan of events taking place tonight filled Evonne's heart as she hopped into her white BMW convertible. Wasting no time, she pulled off into traffic leaving the street one of her stores was placed on. Her dark Chanel shades covered her brown eyes while her hair blew back away from her face. The air was crisp and the sun shined down. The radio was at high volume and as Biggie small's voice boomed through the speakers a slight bob from Evonne's head started.

It was all simple but special in her eyes. It's exactly why she left work early so, she could get started before Bobby came home. She was on good time as it was only nearing three o'clock. Evonne was eager to finally be able to spend some quality time with her husband. It was going to be a surprise for him. She figured a nice dinner and bath was what he needed to wine down from a hard day at work.

Although the other two tries didn't work as Bobby either stayed in late or was too tired to even make it to the bed. Evonne had hope that was seeded into her mind by him and that made her believe that this time was going to be different. They were gonna have time to themselves with each other. Something that hasn't been the case in a while with their busy schedules.

Inserting the keys into the locks, Evonne opened the door to their penthouse apartment. Closing and latching the locks behind her she paced over to her desk and set the paperwork that she held down onto the black marble table. And after kicking off her white air force sneakers leaving her in pink polka dot ankle socks she walked into the bedroom to remove the jewelry that hung from her wrist and fingers including her wedding ring.

A quick glance into the mirror revealed the mess the wind left her hair in. She picked the purple wide tooth comb up and ran it through her honey blonde hair. While Evonne stood in front of the mirror the vibration of her phone was felt on her waistband. Sitting the comb back down she reached to check the caller id. She answered only to be met with loud squealing on the other end causing her to move the phone away from her ear.

"Evonne, girl! You gotta come down here! All the fine brotha's is here. Where are you?" Kimberly, her long time best friend exclaimed in excitement. 

"I'm home and where are you?" Evonne asked continuing with her fingers combing the loose strands of hair in place. 

"I'm in California where yo' ass needa' be at! What happened to 'don't worry, I'll be there tomorrow.' Well it's tomorrow and you still ain't here."

Evonne cursed under her breath at the fact that she forgot the activities she was supposed to be engaging in. 

"Kim, girl I'm sorry I forgot. Y'know with work and all I've been busy it slipped my mind." The young woman found herself sitting on the edge of the bed. 

A scoff was heard, "Please, me and you both know it ain't that. This is about that wack ass husband of yours." Kim responded making Evonne roll her eyes. 

"Don't call him that and no it ain't about him...I just for—"

"No, you didn't forget you just wanted to make plans to spend time with that man that acts like he doesn't even have a minute for you." Kim retorted.