𝟎𝟏𝟎

Disclaimer: this chapter will include the details of domestic abuse. Read at your own risk !

August, 02'
- New York

Today seemed hotter than any other day because it was. It was hotter in my car than it was outside which prompted me to quickly let it cool down before I even pulled off. This was the type of weather that made you not wanna even leave the house but, things needed to be done.

The Vma's were coming up in less than a week and a nigga had nothing to wear. With all this money I earned you would've thought I bought myself more clothes to fill up my wardrobe. Instead, I was saving up to afford to move out of Brooklyn and get myself a new car.

Although those priorities came first it wouldn't be so bad to spend a few hundred on a new outfit or better yet have someone design one for me. I did my research on Evonne and looking through her designs, they were all dope.

She definitely had talent with the way she's able to produce such unique and stylish clothing. So, I decided to stop by her shop to see what she could do for me.

Everything so far in my life was going right. I'm making money doin' what I love not to mention the acknowledgment I was receiving for my work. Big artist on rock records wanted to work with me along with others that weren't apart of the label that reached out. The harder I was working the better I was becomin' at my craft now that I was exposed to better quality equipment and technology.

This was all I ever wanted and there was no stopping the immense success pouring into my life. Grateful was an understatement for how I felt and I couldn't be happier.

Steppin' inside the store, my eyes searched around for Evonne who was nowhere to be found. Walkin' deeper inside though, a young woman approached me. "Hey, can I help you with something?"

"Yea, is Evonne here? If so can you get her for me?" I questioned watching the woman nod. "Yes she's right in the back I'll go get her." She responded, turnin' on her heels and in the few seconds she was gone I decided to look around.

Time went by before I felt a presence by my side. "Hey Romeo, wassup?" Evonne looked at me, a bright smile plastered on her face. My head turned to look at her, taking in the outfit she had on. As always she was put together. It seemed like she never had an off day but, even if she did nobody would ever notice.

Her shoulder length honey blonde hair was pulled up into a high ponytail with her bangs restin' over her low arched eyebrows. She had little to no makeup on along with a thick glossy coat of clear lipgloss over her lips.

A multicolored sundress hugged her body accentuating all the curves she had. Her perfume welcomed itself inside my nose and the scent was sweet and subtle.

My heart started to palpitate while I struggled to speak the words that became trapped in my throat. "H-hey, nothin' I just stopped by to see if you could put something together for me." I managed to blurt out.

She nodded in response. "Yea, do you want me to design it or style you?"

"I'd rather you design it, you know so I can brag about how it's custom made." A small chuckle escaped from me. "You able to do it right now?" I questioned.

"Yea, I just need your measurements and I can start it later on today. Follow me to the back." Evonne replied, leading the way to the back of the store.