𝟎𝟎𝟒

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞, 𝟎𝟐'
- 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐫𝐤

With every step he took growing closer to Bobby's office, Romeo's nerves buzzed around inside him. Despite his confidence there was still that feeling of nervousness sneaking up on him. Making him believe that maybe he was too confident. This was his fourth time around and his negative thoughts weighed in on him.

His hand held the demo tape, playing with it as he inched closer to the door. Faint yelling filled his ears breaking him out of his thoughts. A female voice growing louder making him stop in his tracks. Conflicted, Romeo didn't know if he should step away or stay by the door since he didn't know how long the arguing would continue.

That's when the door shot open and a young woman with honey blonde hair and light caramel skin pushed passed him. The redness of her cheeks and wet eyes made curiosity fall on Romeo while he watched her pace down the hallway. Since he didn't want to be nosy towards someone he didn't know he settled for the question, "Is everything good?"

Stepping inside from the doorway, his eyes trailed over to the face of Bobby Hicks. Who's expression filled with frustration quickly fell into a welcoming smile. "Yea, you can take a seat right here. It's nice to meet you—" as Bobby held his hand out Romeo took it, along with filling in the blank with his name. "Romeo Armani."

"Alright, Mr. Armani. So, I heard that you have something for me to listen to?" Bobby questioned as the two men took their seats. Romeo cleared his throat and sat back in the chair. "Yea, I do. It's a demo tape and to let you know I'm not a rapper. I produce music." He expressed.

Bobby's eyes trailed down to the cd in his hands and nodded. "Okay, I'll listen to it and give you a call to let you know how I feel about it."

With a small smile Romeo nodded at his words. "Cool, it's only like three tracks on there. I made five but, narrowed it down to what I thought was the best." He told Bobby as he handed him the shiny disc sitting inside a clear cd case with the blue sharpie written words 'Romeo's Best.' across the top.

"Well, if I like what's on here I'd like to hear the other two tracks. It was nice meeting you, mr.—" Romeo cut him off. "You can just call me Romeo and I'd be happy to let you listen to them. It was nice meeting you too mr. H—"

"Call me Bobby. Alright, Romeo give me a few hours and I'll let you know how I feel." A kind smile formed on his face and Romeo returned the expression. Standing to his feet, the two men engaged in a firm handshake. Afterwards, Romeo opened the door and exited the office. 

Now it was time to wait. As confident as he was about his artistry it never failed that there was a possibility that Bobby wouldn't like it. Romeo couldn't help the thought and the fact that he had no idea when he'd get the call made it all worse. The best way to calm he knew to calm his nerves was to indulge in his stress reliever.

After settling down, Romeo grabbed his lighter and the half smoked blunt that rested inside the ashtray. Putting it between his lips, he flicked the lighter and inhaled. A cloud of smoke pouring from his nose and mouth as he removed it from his lips.

Relaxation came over Romeo letting his back fall against the couch cushions. He picked up the remote intending to flip through channels continuing to take occasional pulls from the blunt. Ringing began to sound from the back room bringing him to kiss his teeth at the fact.