pretending

I woke up very early today because I couldn't sleep. I took a long shower and brushed my teeth. I wore crazy jeans with a crop top showing my flat tummy and the piercing on my stomach. Mum didn't really like my pierce. When she found out that I pierced my tummy, she was furious. She grounded me for a whole month. That's how my thought of getting a tattoo backfired. It's like mum hated everything about me. She hated my earrings, how I dressed ,my boyfriend, my friends and a whole lot. Sometimes I think I am just her stepdaughter and I wouldn't be surprised if I was because dad dated more than ten girls back in high school and college before he finally decided to settle with mum. I sighed and continued to curl the tails of my hair in bits. "Ari" mum called and entered my room. Speak of the devil and the devil appears. "What are  you wearing? " mum continued "it's not like this is the first time seeing me wearing a crop top" I replied. "Yh but I told you to stop wearing these" she said. "Whatever mum. Look I am 15 years old, almost sixteen. You can't be controlling me" I sighed. "As long as we are still sharing the same roof and you are still under my care, you do what I say"she commanded. I smacked my face. Mum was so overprotective and too controlling for my liking. Why does she have to control me by threatening me every time?In the end, she wins and I lose. I decided to change the top because there's no way she was going to allow me to send it to school no matter what. How I wish I had a mother who was just like me and not boring. I was a little surprised that she didn't say anything about my crazy jeans, well maybe she didn't notice so I decided to keep quiet. I wore a pinkish top with a text in black saying "I don't care 💅". I actually liked that top very much because it defines a part of me that I want everyone to know. "Is it okay" I asked mum. "Well, I would consider it like that because that's the only decent top in your clothes" mum explained. Ughhhhh. But she wasn't wrong about that. The decent tops mum buys me, I throw them all away except this one because of the " I don't care 💅" on it. I usually like to go shopping on my own with Zoey. "Ok, I will be going now, bye" I waved. Mum nodded. I walked happily into the car which the driver was waiting for me in. I sniffed. I sense quietness. Oh, that's when I remembered that Tiffany has began taking J and J to school. I felt relieved and extremely happy. I walked in the school hallway and I bumped into someone. I was about to yell when I noticed it was Rohan. He smiled. Oh no, he was the last person I wanted to see today. We kept staring at each other until he finally spoke "hi heart breaker". "I am not a heartbreaker, you should have read the text message I sent to you" I threw a book at him. "I know,  I read it. Just joking" He giggled. Phew, Thank God he read it. That means I am out of trouble. I hugged him tightly and apologized which I found very strange of my self but I went with the flow not thinking about my ego"I am so sorry, baby". He pushed me away sightly before raising my head with his two hands"I know you didn't mean to. Don't worry, your mum is just a psycho"he replied. "I miss you so much" I confessed. "I do too" he responded and hugged me. While hugging Rohan, Zoey joins the hug from nowhere and questions"a hug and you guys did involve me?" ." Oh sis, stop being dramatic "Rohan slaps his face. " A hug without me and I am being dramatic?Huh, I guess I wasn't needed after all" she frowns and start to walk away. I hold her hand and giggle at her childish behavior. I hugged her and said "of course, you are needed, I miss you too so much".She smiles and hug never back. Wow, this day went amazing than I expected. I thought Rohan was going to bad at me but to my surprise, he acted cool like nothing happened between us. He was seriously the best boyfriend ever. "Guess what? " Zoey interrupted my thoughts. "Go on" I said curiously. "Jim asked me out" she blurted out. We both stood up and started jumping in excitement forgetting we were at the school cafeteria. Rohan tapped me and we sat down. To be honest, Zoey had been head over heels with that guy for two whole years but Jim was dating another popular girl, Stacy Breece who was a year behind us. Zoey told all us about how the girl moved to another school and Jim thought she was cheating ,which she wasn't and the girl got angry and broke up with him. I was so happy for her that her dream has finally come true.
...
Finally, closing time. Zoey didn't even waste a minute and she ran out of the class to go home and prepare for her date with Jim. I smiled. I was so happy for her. The guy finally noticed her.