THE CURSED COVEN

Gossiping lips and trembled tongues have muttered the infamous names of the Originals—the Mikaelson family. Those who wondered of the all-powerful Bennett line could only think with mind-thought, while the doppelgangers of the Gilbert lineage spread their sanity across the earth's surface. 

However, throughout all the great familial names spread across the globe, carried through women and birthed through each child, it was the Van Moreno family name that put weight on the tongue. The two words only spoken with bated breath was a name not to be messed with for it not only carried prestige, but guilt, shame, and inequities from a lifetime and on the backs of countless members. 

Once respected for their noble roots in the heart of undying sun, the clan of Moreno have travelled the world by foot and by air, gained insight to changing times and magical ways that would make a madman scream—yet, have held strong onto their native roots. Their enchanting dark-skin is an attribute to all carrying the Moreno name. The flicker in their eyes was a sight not to be trifled with. And the never-ending smirk was an expression of bold power and defiant cause. 

The Moreno line were bold, traditional, and always changing.  

But privileged life took a hard turn come the year 1560. A third of the Moreno clan had spread through Europe during its time of bloodshed. Witches, both innocent and wronged, were suspected to live among humans and such revelation brought chaos. In a move to not have their own blood run through the streets, the witch community of the land casted the Van Moreno's into the center, blaming them for suspected sinful vanity. Not at all was true, so the line defended. Without support of their once loving neighbours and casted from loving arms, the peaceful life of the family were ripped by the madness of priests and held in the light of judgement for all to see. The fiery light was the burning stake. 

Between 1563 and 1630, another third of the coven died at the hands of the Catholic Church and their fellow witches. 

In the New World—now called The United Colonies—word of bloodshed reached the witches at the moment of their own trials, famously known as the Salem Witch Trials. 

With their unique magical practice, one of blood and song, earth and the trees, the remaining two-thirds of the Van Moreno's were accused of drinking blood of the dead, practicing incest, and killing the innocent. Though the late Bridge Bishop was recorded as the first person to die at the hands of the trial, Jane Van Moreno and her sisters Catherine, Dorothy, and Mary-Anne were burned alive in a cave—unrecorded and soon forgotten by all others. 

From the Salem Witch Trials, a small third of the family survived, and now their ancestors walk in the modern day. Their names have been tainted with conspiracies that by their hand the greatest tragedies in the world happened. Shunned by most of the witch community as their crimes were engrained and truly believed, the Van Moreno's have been fighting to maintain their innocence ever since while hiding the truth of their own convictions. 

Nothing can never come easy for some, especially when the arrival of an old, famed family and the re-emergence of the same woman from years prior. For this generation of the forsaken Van Moreno's, they will fight with everything they have for everything they want. 

"We're a coven, but everyone who holds the Van Moreno is family. By blood or name, we are family."

****

****

FOR SALE