Chapter 5 - Trouble in Paradise

Chapter 5

●Chapter 5●

......

Word Count: 720+

......

 I was the first one to wake up in the morning. Today, I decided to make eggs sunny side up with some toast. Secretly I was dreading having to go to Mason's house today; the feeling of danger had only grown stronger. Yet, I knew I could not tell them, nor would they listen to me anyways. I was sinking deeper and deeper into my thoughts when suddenly, the bread inside the toaster popped up, startling me. I took the slices of bread out of the toaster and the eggs off the pan. I repeated the steps over and over until I had enough for everyone. Once that was done, I laid the plates on the table and served breakfast.

 "Good morning Luna." Ace yawned.

 "Oh, good morning Ace." I responded.

 "Thanks for making breakfast for everyone again."

 "No problem. I am going to go upstairs to get ready for the day." I spoke.

 I went upstairs and brushed my teeth. I went to Melody's room to take my toothpaste and toothbrush out. Luckily, we had decided to sleep in the living room last night, otherwise I might have accidentally woken Melody up. I went downstairs and saw Ace finishing his breakfast, so I decided to join him.

 "So, Luna, are you excited for our trip?" Ace asked.

 "Not really, if I'm being honest." I replied.

 "How come?" he questioned.

 "Well, the reason why I fainted was because Alisa talked to me, was because she wanted to warn me about something that was going to happen on today's trip." I panicked.

 "What do you mean?" he questioned.

 "I knew something was wrong when Mason said the location. It just felt dark, and when Alisa confirmed that something bad was going to happen, it just made me feel more worried." I whispered.

 "Why didn't you tell the others?" he suggested.

 "No, we can't do that. You're all so excited to go, I guess I'll just have to deal with it and try to protect all of you. To be honest, ever since Mason mentioned the location, I have been feeling weaker than usual, maybe it's just because I haven't had enough sleep, or someone is draining my energy or something else. I really don't know." I replied.

 "Are you sure you want to go through with this? Maybe you shouldn't go on the trip, and what should we do?" he questioned.

 "Are you crazy? I have to go, I can't leave everyone, knowing that you all might die. I think we should pretend like we don't know about this. Promise me that you won't say a thing." I panicked.

 "Calm down. I promise I won't tell anyone about this." he reassured me.

 "Sorry, I'm just a bit on edge."

 Just as we finished our breakfast, everyone woke up. They got up from the sleeping bags and came over to the table.

 "Good morning everyone." Ace said.

 "Good morning Ace and Luna," everyone said.

 "Well, we better eat fast because we have to go." Mason chastised.

 They all hurried to finish their breakfast and went upstairs to brush their teeth. I had already brushed my teeth and made sure I had everything, so I stayed downstairs to wash the dishes. Before I knew it, we were out the door and everything was loaded in the car. Mason had borrowed a Ram ProMaster vehicle from his parents.

 We all got in and left Melody's house. It would be a long trip, and everyone was excited except for me and Ace. During the trip, we were in the back two seats and Ace realized I was distracted. He comforted me and I instantly felt a bit better. I felt my eyelids getting heavier and heavier, and before I knew it, I had fallen asleep. I was woken up by Alisa just minutes late.

 "Luna... thank you for coming." she said.

 "Why am I here?." I shivered, feeling strangely weaker than usual.

 "They're draining your powers. It won't be long until they try to kill you, your siblings and your friends. I came to warn you about it" she informed. "No one knows who that person is. Oh, also you've fallen asleep on Ace. You two are pretty cute together, I must say."

 "Alisa!" I blushed.

 "You would make an adorable pair." she laughed. "Anyways, you have to go now. Until next time Luna."