Chapter 1 - A New Chapter

●Chapter 1●

Word Count: 1400+

......
Word Count: 1400+
......

My name is Luna, I am a new goddess. I was recently given the title of the goddess of magic and the leader of humans. I sometimes find myself wishing that I could have support from my family. Although I still have support from my mother, my father is gone. Since the battle with Josh, I have been trying to mend my relationship with Mason, and I think we are making some progress. As for my friendships with the rest of my friends, Harmony, Melody, Lucy, Ace and Adrian, things have never been better.

My siblings are doing well, but still a little traumatised. I do not blame them, Josh had managed to brainwash Mason and almost kill me. Had I been killed, they would have had to go to foster care. My life has gone back to normal and I have been doing some extra shifts lately to earn extra spending money, since I do not have school. We're very lucky that the local police officers back in Naraka Town have still allowed me to be my siblings' caretaker, on the condition that I learnt self-defense.

Today is the 11th of December, which means that everyone is on their Christmas break. This also means that tomorrow would have been my father's birthday. Every year, we bring some fresh flowers and go visit his grave all together. To distract my siblings, we are having a movie night later on today at Melody's house. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door.

"Hi Luna, I wanted to see how you were doing, are your siblings here?" Ace questioned as I opened the door.

"Iris, Kai and May are with their friends upstairs and Willow is in my room." I replied.

"Can I come in?" he asked.

"Sure." I said, yawning.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"Yeah, just a bit tired." I muttered.

"Have you gotten any sleep today?" he asked.

"Not really, haven't had the time lately with extra shifts at work" I said, yawning.

"That explains why you haven't been hanging out with us as often," he said sadly.

"Sorry, I just need more money for next year, since I've missed a lot of my shifts in the past year." I explained tiredly, "I'm going to have to bring Willow with me too, because the others are with their friends."

"You're going to overwork yourself Luna. Why don't you go to sleep and I'll take care of Willow." He said.

"Are you sure? I don't mind taking her to work." I responded.

"Come on, you need to take care of yourself." he said and I reluctantly agreed. I fell asleep soon after I climbed into bed, hearing Ace whisper a quiet 'Goodnight' to me.

An hour later, I was woken up by Ace. When I opened my eyes, I saw that Willow and Ace were both looking at me, with huge grins on their faces.

"What is going on?" I asked.