Chapter 1. Good To Be Back

1864

"Come, we must hurry." Saxon urged, as he began to get dress rather quickly. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, as I stood from the bed fully dressed. He seemed panicked, which caused me to become nervous.

"Darling, I want you to use your ability. Read your father's thoughts." He ordered, causing me to give him a strange look.

"But, why-"

"Darling Please." He pleaded, almost sounding like he was trying not to yell. Not wanting to upset him, I did what he asked.

'We finally caught the demon. I hope you burn in hell Katherine.' My father thought causing me to gasp. What did he mean? Does he know about them being....

"Saxon? What is going on? What's the reason for this?" I questioned controlling my breathing. Saxon's green eyes darted towards me, as he opened his mouth to answer but was cut off, as the doors slammed opened, with random men barging in with guns, as reflex I let out as scream. The two men aimed it at Saxon, but before they could aim, Saxon broke their necks and they both fell to the floor, as I let out a sharp scream. I covered my hand over my mouth and I looked up back at the panting Saxon, mildly scared.

"That's the reason." He stated before walking over towards me, and sliding his arm around my waist.

"Come," he whispered before blurring off with me gripping him tightly.

***

"Saxon, where are we going? What is happening?" I hiccupped as we hid in the forest, it was almost as if we were waiting. He turned to me cupping my face gently, and looking into my eyes. Were his pupils dilating?

"Calm down." He compelled me, and like he asked, my heart began to slow and I began to calm down.

"Your father and the others, they know, about my sister and I. They have her, Katherine. Your brothers are already tracking her, I'm going with them." My eyes widened before nodding.

"Will I be coming with you?" I whispered, as I looked at him with pleading eyes. He kept his contact with me, but it was cut short as we heard yelling that sounded a lot like Stefan.

"Over here! This way there's another one." He shouted. Saxon turned back towards me.

"Stay by my side." He demanded and I nodded. We rushed over, as we saw my two brothers taking Katherine out of the carriage, she was still tied up and had an odd mask on her. Damon was the first to take notice of me,

"Alexandria?" Damon breathed surprised.

"What are you doing he-" Stefan was cut off by Saxon.

"Later, hurry and untie her." He looked down at his weakened sister, with worry written all over his face. My brothers nodded as they freed Katherine. A crack of a branch snapped my head up, to a man holding a gun aimed at us. No not at us. At Damon. My reflex kicked in and quickly moved in front of Damon.

"No!" I screamed, and soon after, a loud bang was heard and a sharp pain erupted in my chest.

"Alexandria!" My brother's screamed. Gasping for air I laid on my back, looking straight up at the sky. Very soon bright green orbs were hovering over me. It kind of looked like Saxon. Yelling and the sound of horses flooded my ears, but I felt too weak, too tired to move. Another shot was heard, as I felt something placed onto my lips, and liquid started to flow into my mouth. It tasted metallic, and gross, but none the less, I swallowed it. Finally another shot was heard followed by a body falling.

My vision began to fade, as darkness slowly consumed me, the last thing I remember hearing was the sound of Saxon's voice.

"This is goodbye, for now."

Present

"Hello Mystic falls," A devious smirk slithered its way on to my pink lips, as I stared at the sign I haven't see and a long time. "It's good to be home."