𝑖𝑖. Rundgren Concert

༻✿༺

          Sabrina rests a sketchpad against her legs, which are propped up on the table in the basement, doodling due to sheer boredom

Sabrina rests a sketchpad against her legs, which are propped up on the table in the basement, doodling due to sheer boredom. She occupies Hyde's chair while he's absent. Kelso's huddled together on the couch with Jackie, who is his rather frustrating girlfriend, though she does have her tolerable moments, and Eric sits on the other end with Donna between his knees. The pair have taken to ad-libbing a Brady Bunch episode on the muted TV.

Considering Sabrina has seen it quite a few times, she finds it amusing to listen to them. Glancing up once or twice, she catches Jackie attempting to understand what's going on, but clearly finding it hard to do so with their recitation of the dialogue. The look on her face almost makes her laugh, but she keeps quiet, not wanting to make her implode on everyone. Instead, she decides to sketch her outfit. Sure, the girl probably doesn't like anyone in the room except Kelso, but there's no denying she knows how to dress stylishly.

"Wow, Marcia. A football in the face! That's gotta hurt," Eric says, raising his voice to a higher pitch.

"Ouch! My nose!" Donna drawls, bringing her hands up to her face.

"That's gonna be huge in the morning."

"Huger than my boobs?"

"Well, bigger than the left one."

"Why are we watching this without the sound?" Jackie complains, unable to take it anymore. She briefly motions towards the TV. "I am totally confused."

"Here, use the earphone." Eric hands it to her in an attempt to get her to stop talking, while Donna moves from the floor to sit on a lawn chair beside him.

"So," Kelso begins, right when Jackie continues watching with the earphone in her ear, "what's the deal with the Vista Cruiser?"

"The deal is there is no deal yet," Eric answers simply.

"Shh!" Jackie glares at him.

Kelso leans towards Eric a little bit and whispers, "How are we gonna get to the concert?"

"Shut up!" The others warn him with a hiss.

But it's too late. The brunette had heard. Kelso pales when he realises how he'd screwed up. The other night, Sabrina surprised them about the tickets, and of course, everyone was elated, but the gang made sure to heavily lecture Kelso not to let this slip to Jackie as she'll want to come just because he's going. It's pretty obvious to everyone that the girl doesn't like them. She wouldn't be going with the intent of being in their company, nor because she likes Todd Rundgren, which only means they'll have to deal with her annoying, offensive commentary.

She tilts her head at him as she places the earphone back on the table. "What concert?"

"Uh . . . " Kelso exhales nervously. For a moment, he meets Sabrina's eyes and she desperately shakes her head at him. He knows by the look on her face she's asking him to lie, to think up something right this second, but he's never been very good at that, and the pressure builds. Unfortunately, when he meets Jackie's pointed stare, he crumbles and the truth instantly flies out of his mouth. "Todd Rundgren."