21

San's POV

Everything started going back to normal as the days went by. I was driving to (Y,n) house since today was the dinner. Kim was gonna meet again (y,n)'s mother. 

Once I arrived, (y,n) was standing outside. She was dressed casually, yet beautiful. I parked and immediately went to greet her with a kiss and a hug. "Thanks for coming. I'm really nervous…" 

"Hey, don't worry. Everything will turn out okay." I smiled down at her and she let out a sigh.  

"Mom doesn't have a clue. She might kill me." I shook my head and hugged her once again. 

"I'm pretty sure it will turn out alright. At what time is he showing up?" I asked as we began walking inside her house.

“Probably in like thirty minutes…” She said and then her mother walked out of the kitchen. 

“San! Oh my, it's so good to see you have come for dinner!” She seemed to be in a better mood than usual.

“I'm glad I was invited over. Thank you.” She was smiling.

“You're always welcomed to any event dear.” She then continued doing whatever she was doing in the kitchen.

“Right…” (y,n) started before whispering- “That smile won't last for long….” 

“Hey, no need to be negative… Okay? If anything happens, I'm here for you guys, okay?” She nodded and smiled a little, making me smile. Time passed by pretty quickly as we were distracted by organizing the dining table. Then there was a knock on the door, and (y,n) and I looked at each other. 

“I'll go get it.” She says. 

“Who could it be? I thought this was gonna be a family dinner.” Her mother says as she organized the silverware sets on the table. 

(Y,n) opened the front door and smiled. “Thanks for coming…” Dae walked out of the kitchen, his hands seemed to be shaking slightly. He curiously looked at the door, waiting to finally see his father for the first time. Their mother didn't seem to care who it was as she walked back to the kitchen to get more things. 

Mr. Kim walked through the door, dressed in a simple, plain colored button shirt, and dress pants. His hair was slicked back with a few strands falling on his face. “Forgive me, i am late.” He begins. 

“You actually arrived just in time. Good to see you.” I greeted him with a hand shake. He then looked at Day, his son. He seemed to be frozen in place, looking away from his father. 

“Dae…” (y,n) called for him and he looked at them both. Mr. Kim smiled and walked over to him. 

“So your Dae, your sister has talked so much about you.” Dae didn't say anything. Them (y,n)’s mother walked out of the kitchen and gasped. (Y,n) seemed worried, and Mr. Kim looked at her. She began shaking as tears began to roll down her face. 

“Mom… Are you okay?” (Y,n) asked as she walked to her. 

“Why the heck is he here??” She was mad. “Why is this man in MY house!?” 

“Mom, you need to calm down.” 

“It's alright, (Y,n). How about we talk…” Mr. Kim offered his ex partner and she shakingly looked away. 

“We will be outside…” I said as I offered (y,n) a hand. She took it and then followed me outside. Dae also followed us as well. 

“Dae, are you okay?” (y,n) asked her brother and he just simply nodded his head. 

“Feels weird… Who could have thought I was gonna meet dad.”

-Kim’s POV-

After the kids went outside, it was her and I all alone. (I'm gonna call your mother Young.) “Young… Look I- '' Before I could continue she stopped me.

“I avoided talking to MY kids about you. I was trying to protect them, from you, and here you are. Risking their safety by showing up. Not giving a care in the world! How did you even find me? How did you find us?” She was mad.

“Look, they are also my kids, and I have the right to see them. You've kept them away from me for so long.” 

“Because you are a dangerous man! I knew that I kept them near you, you’d want them to follow your same footsteps. To become mafiosos!”

“Yeah, you are right, but I have changed my mind. I wanna keep them away from that life…” 

“And that's why you need to stay as far away as possible from them…” She says. I was not gonna lose the chance to be with my kids. 

“You won't keep me away. Not anymore, Young. I've already created a bond with (Y,n), and I wanna do the same with Dae.” She was getting more frustrated, I could tell by the way she squeezed her hands into fists. 

“No… I can't allow you to do that…” She began crying. “Don't you have another kid and girlfriend to take care of? Your family?”

“You guys were always my family. You already know that. Plus, that woman abandoned her kid with me. She never wanted a son…” 

“Still… You got her pregnant when I was pregnant with Dae… You betrayed me…” 

“Young. You know I was a jerk… I wasn't as mature as I am now. Please allow me to show you. and i know the kids will get along just fine…”  She looked down.

“No… I will allow you to stay and eat, but after that, I want you to disappear… We were fine without you.” I knew they were not fine without me. I guess I will stay watching them from afar from now on. We stood there quietly for a minute before the kids walked in the house. 

“Come on, let's have dinner.” Young changed expression as she walked to the dining table. 

(Y,n) looked at me with hope on her eyes. I walked to her and smiled. “I'll be staying for dinner. Sadly, afterward i have to leave… For work.” She knew what i meant. 

“Mom…” I Stopped her before she could go talk with her mother. 

“It's alright… Don't worry, come on, let us enjoy our time, okay?” She nods and we all sit at the dining table. Like a family, for one last time.

A/N
I finally wrote another chapter!
I have forgotten about this book, I guess i was distracted drawing too much, lol.
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!!!