Chapter 2: Saving Asami

His face turns into a big smile "I'll give you plenty of time to explain everything to Asami," he says as he leaves and locks the door. "Asami?" she sits down beside her again. "Yes?" She looks up at Korra. "I've talked to The Leader." "I know. I've heard everything." She answers. Korra continues, "Once he gets his money you and Mako will be free. I'm going to collect them for him. Don't worry, I will come back." Asami smiles while saying "you're a great friend Korra" Korra smiles at Asami while tears filling her eyes. "Don't cry Korra, everything will be alright!" she smiles even though she's in pain. "I hope so" Korra says drying her tears. "I will be" Asami smiles again. Korra hugs Asami gently and smiles back. "Ouch..." even though it hurts Asami hugs back with her left arm and smiles. "Sorry" Korra says looking at Asami. "It's okay Korra, but you should go now," Korra breathes heavily "I'll be back for you, I promise". She kiss Asamis forehead lightly before releasing her embrace as the leader knocks on the door. "Are you done?" "Yes... now where do I have to go to get the money?" The leader unlocks the door and lets Korra out. "Sorry what did you say? I didn't hear your question." "Where do I go to collect the money?" Korra asks again, wanting to beat him up so bad but it would be no use to do that. It would just make things worse so she just stood there waiting. "To Ba Sing Sei! It's in her safe under the palace." "Ok" Korra said nodding her head. The leader took Korra outside. "Here's everything you might need, you can choose for yourself" he says pointing at a sky bison and a glider. "Oh and here," he hands over the map. Korra takes the map and heads for the glider. "Good luck!" He says walking back towards the door. Korra turns around one last time to remember the place, and then she leaves with a sad glimpse in her eyes.

Three days later Korra returns with the money. She sees one of the guys standing outside and walks towards him. "Hey" he says. "Here's your money! Now release my friends!" Korra shouts with an angry tune filling her voice. "Come on inside," he waves to her and opens the door. Korra quickly comes after him. "Please have a seat; the boss will be here in any minute." He leaves as Korra takes a seat and waits. A man walks out from the dark. "Hello!" he says. "Ok, here's your money!" she says as she throws the bag to him. "Now release my ...friend and Mako!" "Of course YOU" he say as he point at one of the guards. "Go get that cop, Korra, you come with me." Korra follows him. He opens Asami's cell and lets Korra inside. Then he hands the keys, to the cuffs, over to her. He closes the door and leaves. Korra kneels down in front of Asami. "Asami, I'm back." She cries out. "Korra, you came for me." Asami answers. "Yeah" Korra smiles and unchains Asami's arms. "Thank you Korra" Asami says as she smiles back. "You're welcome" Korra says as she helps Asami up. Asami gets up standing on one leg. "We got to get you to a hospital" Korra says. "I guess so... I can't believe you came for me. I've been here for 2 weeks..." Korra looks shocked, "2 weeks?" "Yes..." she says. "I told Mako I was leaving two weeks ago. Just for a break from everything. I'm sorry I didn't tell you that, I just didn't want to get you worried, besides there were no way you could come with me because of your duties." Korra looks at Asami, "but how did you end up here?" She takes a deep breath and continues. "They knew that I was leaving, and they knew it was the perfect time since everyone knew. Except you." She adds quickly. "Apparently they paid the cabman to drive me straight here." "Didn't you get suspicious about it?" Korra asks carefully as she shut the door open for them. "I did. He told me he was going to borrow the bathroom and that I should do the same, so I left the cab and went to the bathroom." They walk through a narrow hallway as Asami continues to tell everything. "When I got out from the bathroom I headed back to the cab. I found it empty and my glove was gone. I don't remember much more than that I opened the trunk and everything turned black." "That's horrible...I'm so sorry I let you go through all this." "It's okay Korra, the important thing is that you're here now, with me..." she said meeting the Avatars gaze. When their gazes met she felt an unusual feeling, she felt warm and fuzzy. The question was did the Avatar feel the same?