intro

"Honestly, Dana, you should get up from bed. I'm going, soon. Patricia is picking me up in a couple minutes"

"yes mom" I say lazily, rolling from one side to another and rest my chin in the pillow.

"Honey.." Mom starts getting impatient and opened my blanket.

"Seriously honey. I'm really going, who can I count on if you are still lazying around like this?? You have to pick up Jaden later, and you have to prepare for dinner. Honey, you're the oldest. Be a bit responsible." She says. I nodded my head and finally got up. I heard her footsteps going down. I followed, going down the stairs.

"Patricia is here" She said, looking over the window.

She turned around, then gave me a dead serious look.

"I'm gonna be gone for one week." She says. "I expect you to act like an adult, and be a good example to your brother. Behave. I don't want to get any calls from Jaden saying that you screamed at him."

I nodded my head again and rubbed my sleepy eyes. Mom walks over to me and gave me her car key,

"I hope you would be responsible to the car. Use it wisely."

I nod again.

She kisses my both cheeks and hug me for a second.

"I'll see you next week, honey!"

I smiled and wave back.

"Bye mom"

Soon as the door clicks and she was gone, I grab my phone and dialed my best friend's number and left a message,

"Invite our friends over. I'm throwing a party this weekend"

--

Hours later I found myself in front of my brother's school, reading a tabloid of last week's copy.

As I flip the pages over, I heard his school bell rang, and kids was rushing outside. My eyes searched for my brother's dirty blonde hair, and there he is, walking out the school with his usual gloomy face. I turned the engine on and pass by him. He got in to the car with his gloomy face,

"I don't want to see that face for this one week." I demand.

He just crossed his arms. I snorted,
"Weirdo."

I don't blame Jaden for having this face ever since dad left. He was very close to him, and it's been tough for him to live without dad's presence in a sudden. Jaden used to be a cheerful child, but I know that for right now, he's not just moving on, yet.

I stir the wheel and parked the car in front of our house. Jaden got out of the car and I followed behind him. When he got in, he was somewhat dissapointed looking at the empty dining table.

"Are you seriously gonna let me starve for one whole week?" He snapped, looking at me with his green eyes.

"Shut up," I groan, taking the house telephone.

"We're having pizza for dinner," I wink at him, making a ssh gesture as if not to tell mom. His face lighten, and there was a smile formed in his face. After all, I think it's not that bad to light up my brother's mood and seeing him smile, even for a bit.